Watched thread notifications

Dystant

Detailing Dale
Paid Member
I've got my account setup to watch any thread I post to which then sends me a notification when anything else happens in that thread.

I can see that I'm watching threads by the little eye icon next to it, but recently I'm finding that I'm randomly not getting notifications for any of the threads even though posts have been made to them.

Then it randomly fixes it self and I start getting notifications again.

Anybody having a similar issue?

Hi Dale, I haven't noticed anything myself, however have you checked your Alert Preferences under your profile settings? Made sure all the relevant boxes are ticked?

Everything in alert preferences is ticked, it's strange because most of the time it's working fine, but 2/3 times over the last week I've come online and had no notifications but lots of posts have been made to threads in watching.

Hmm strange one. Something similar I experienced was that I wasn't receiving email notifications when I was getting a PM. Turns out that the emails were being sent straight to my Junk folder for some reason. I moved the emails back into my inbox and I haven't had any issues since.

Worth a look, even to rule it out??

Sorry when I said notifications I meant the notifications onsite (think they're called Alerts?).

Ok, got ya. I have had look under your user settings and made a change, and Chris and I are looking into it. Let me know if things change or are still the same.

Anyone else with this issue?

Ok, got ya. I have had look under your user settings and made a change, and Chris and I are looking into it. Let me know if things change or are still the same.

Anyone else with this issue?

Ok thanks, will post here if I see it happen again :smile:

I've had this issue too :confused:

Thanks Liam. Depending on how it goes with Dystant's alerts, we may have the solution. If so, I will update your settings to be the same. I will update on this thread.

Ok thanks, will post here if I see it happen again :smile:

Cheers Dale. Keep us informed and we will go from there.

We're still working through little things like this as and when they come up, due to the changeover to the new forum format/platform. Keep the queries coming in, we will do everything we can to resolve them. Thank you for your patience :smile:

Reactions: LiamRS197 and Pav
Are they threads you've been watching for a while? Perhaps worth unwatching then rewatching them...

I've had a look on xenforo forums and similar cases to this have been reported and it's usually been down to bugs.

@Chris I think I've seen it happen with Shuv's progress thread, so I'll unwatch and rewatch that thread and see if happens again.

This has happened again today with posts to two different threads that I'm 'watching', see pic below:

6l8i5PR.png

You can see on the left the two threads are 'watched', new posts have been made today but you can see my last notifications on the right were received yesterday.

Not a massive issue by any means, just thought I'd let somebody know.

Thanks for the feedback Dale, much appreciated. We haven't heard anything else back re the cause of this, so it is possibly just down to bugs in the Xenforo software.

Apologies to members who are not getting the correct notifications through.

Reactions: Dystant
I've got my account setup to watch any thread I post to which then sends me a notification when anything else happens in that thread.

I can see that I'm watching threads by the little eye icon next to it, but recently I'm finding that I'm randomly not getting notifications for any of the threads even though posts have been made to them.

Then it randomly fixes it self and I start getting notifications again.

Anybody having a similar issue?
I've had this too couple of times