Water leak

So I took the day off work today to do a load of work on my 200. Refitted the brake calipers which are just back from being repainted. Fitted a wheel stud kit, spacers. Fitted a K-Tec induction kit. Installed a Varley Redtop. Good days work, right?

Took it for a spin, bedded in the new Carbotech pads. All was fine....until I parked back on my driveway to find it leaking water badly from around the front driver side corner.

What do you guys reckon, hole in the rad??

IMG_1968.JPG

If it was a hole in rad surely the fluid wouldn't be there. Does suggest it's a hose or something... hopefully for your pockets sake.

If it was a hole in rad surely the fluid wouldn't be there. Does suggest it's a hose or something... hopefully for your pockets sake.

dont forget theres the front bumper infill panel so any coolant can run and drip from a different area

Reactions: Chris
Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but my thermostat housing had a leak that caused the coolant tank to drain - possibly worth a check??

Reactions: Pav
Hi all,

So last night I had a good look to see what was going on. After a good prod around I found the bottom-right corner of the radiator quite wet, and when I poured water into the expansion tank I could see it dripping onto the infill panel and running out just ahead of the front right wheel.

Have ordered a new radiator online. Not too bad at £86 delivered for a Valeo branded rad. I'll hopefully get it back on the road this weekend.

thanks mate..did you have to email them to make sure it fits or did you go off the dimensions of your old one??

It's the same part number I've seen on another website so I reckon it's right. Says it fits mine so should be ok, never had probs with that website before.

Plus the holes are correctly placed to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pav