weight saving

removed the back seats only to find out they don't weigh that much

what other bits can be easily stripped without affecting the utility too much on the 197?

Last edited:
Iso fix bar is the long bar that sits behind the rear seats with the four rings sticking out of it.

Quite heavy and useless if no rear seats are fitted!

bit more than that i would think.

fronts are mega heavy but then you need to fork out money to replace them.

door cards, sound deadening, speakers, trim, etc first off.

What is the weight of the standard fuel tank as I want to replace mine with a light weight example? Anyone?

Thanks.

Man it seems like theres alot of weight saving to be done in the Clio's. Kev how does the back end feel once everythings out?

Anyone know the weight saving on changing the exhaust?
I read somewhere the standard rear silencer weighs about 25kg?

Take the rear 1/4 cards off and leave them off, in the bottom of the shell where you took them off theres huge wads of sound deadening if you're getting picky. they dont weigh an awful lot tho.

As said by other people really, the iso fix bar, rear seat belts, etc
other things to consider are carpet, headlining, under dash pieces.

What is the weight of the standard fuel tank as I want to replace mine with a light weight example? Anyone?

Thanks.

mmm,
To be fair a replacement one is useless, unless it was 1/3 of the size wont really be effective..
Then you'd have to stop fuel more times than a dog goes for a piss.

The plastic std one isnt really that heavy.. if it was a big issue they would of ditched it on the cup cars for a small cell, but they havn't.

I'm going for no weight, and the only reason i'd consider replacing for a small/light cell is because it'd be un-cost effective to find a standard tank and fit it. Fortunate for me, i struck a deal with a bloke and it was included in the sale for next to nothing, other good thing is i have a fuel sender too, so now i can use the fuel guage on my SPA dash :smiley: