West Midlands Detailer.

To be honest guys i find the prices some people are trying to charge are ridiculous, but a couple of other west mids detailers i have contacted have both taken into account the size of the car and the fact its only 3 weeks old and have quoted me £150 for the paint correction which will also only take them a day to complete.

After looking at the results of both the detailers i contacted and the work russ has done on the cooper GP i can honestly say russ's work is equal if not better so in my opinion it will be £100 well spent. Also as russ pointed out he doesnt have the overheads of a unit, ramps, muliple staff, admin etc so he is going to be cheaper.....

Wednesday the 10th is fine by me mate but they only problem is i dont have a dry area at work but ill see if i can get hold of a gazebo or something to put up over the car. Failing that i'll just keep my fingers crossed that the weather is good.

russ ya cars look the dogs mate:jase::jase::jase:
cant wait for ya to do mine

I highly recommend Russ too!! I must get him booked up again for our 2 clio's.

Some people don't detail for the money, they do it for the enjoyment too.

Not bad at all I'd say! an average tradesman charges 100 - 120 a day and that includes the use of all his tools, screw etc .....

Last edited:
well its the way it reads dude,

makes it seem like a putdown in the sense that because Russ isnt a full time detailer ie a "weekend detailer" as they call them over on DW, that his work maybe someway inferior to a full time guy like yourself.

thats the way it came across to me, some people probably view it differently!

Also some people questioning his ability to do the job in the time frame he quoted seems a bit unjust given the amount of recommendations he gets on most forums he frequents! just seems crazy to me!

Eitherway all i know is for £100 its a very good offer and his work will no doubt be on par with any professional that would charge £200 for the same work/time.

Last edited:
The original post wasn't even meant in the way it was taken! Can't believe what happened after that. I'm sure I've commented on your posts on dw and nothing but positive remarks.

Jesus, toys and pram spring to mind. And not with you Russ.

Anyways, let's talk clios, haha, that's all I'm here for!

I think I'll have to pay up on DW if I'm to continue posting, but I don't have a website or anything, so it seems a touch pointless...

That ramp/lift must be a godsend btw. It's worrying how many detailers' are getting bad backs and similar.

Yep it is. Mr Dalton was asking me about it today. I think I managed to convince him. I reckon he'll be getting one in his new unit haha.

Even with the ramp, my back will fooked when I'm 30!! Haha!

I don't want this to descend into anything, but I don't have an expensive unit or a lovely ramp to pay for.

Clearly you can 'take your time', and spend the best part of two hours cleaning arches and dressing them, but not everyone wants to pay £400 for a 'detail', some people just want the majority of the defects removing from their paintwork, and some decent protection applying, for a more reasonable amount of money. You can achieve decent levels of correction in a day, particularly on a near enough brand new car. Plus, if it takes longer to get it 'right' then I'll do that too, it's merely an estimated time 'figure' based on the age and size of the car.

i agree with russ and again from the looks of ure right ups u do a very good job within the time given.

please no more smarmy comments