What pressure washer and lance are you using ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy both tomorrow if I can (Only haven't earlier because of layout of house and taps). **Gonna have to get another tap and plug put in nearer car wash area too to make use as easy as possible.....

Anyway: Without going silly - is a Nilfisk washer coupled with an Autobrite lance a reasonable combo ?

Cheaper Karcher pressure washers any good (K2 / K4) ?

I have a cheap bottom end Karcher Shuv and can't see why you'd need anything expensive to wash one vehicle. I've had it over 5 years I believe.

I filled the detergent attachment with citrus pre wash last weekend and it produced a decent foam. I don't have anything to compare it with though if I'm honest!

It's also man enough to do patios and driveways etc..

Good luck with whatever you go for.

P.s. It's a K2

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate
I've got a Nilfisk C120 I think is the model. Snow foam lance I got of a detailing group on fb, really good group if you're into detailing and lance was significantly cheaper than a lot of others but has served me well.

I've got a Karcher k2, I bought it on offer from somewhere, I'm not sure where it was. I didn't realise that it didn't come with a variable power Lance, but I bought one off ebay. It works well. I bought my snow foam lance from cleanyourcar.com years ago. I think the injector might be a bit blocked though, it doesn't spray the way it used to, but I've found using a decent foam has made it better. I used Auto Finesse Avalanche for the first time a few weeks ago and it's good.

£500 for a foam lance!!!!!!!! Obviously a mistake.

No mistake, they have probably got no stock on either the lance or the snow foam so they put the price up to stop people with any money sense from buying it which means they don't have to pay to relist.

I also have the K2 and it's more than capable, no idea why the prices crashed on them though but at £40 you definitely cannot go wrong!

I also have the K2 and it's more than capable, no idea why the prices crashed on them though but at £40 you definitely cannot go wrong!

Cheers bud.

B&Q also have two other K2 set-ups. Both more expensive than this. One has a load of attachments i wouldn't ever use......the other is this one:

http://www.diy.com/departments/karc...56_BQ.prd?GD_POWER_GRIDTITLE_CAT_PRESSUREWASH

^^^^^ And i can't see any difference between the £56 one and the first £40 one i linked too ?

My ultimate point is: Can i fit a Karcher attachment lance straight to the £40 kit and go ??
Or are there other parts i would need ?

:smile:

Weird! I could only buy the one with loads of attachments at the time. One had a bottle to put shampoo in for the car. It went in like 10 seconds!
A K2 at £40 is defo a bargain and dead handy for other tasks like decking etc.

Similar Thread Suggestions