What to have powder coated...

Ok my car is booked in next week with MS Custom Engineering, been talking to Max and im having my inlet manifold gas flowed and throttle body, which should tidy up my engine bay nicely.

See an example of his work below, think i'm having it done the same colour as shown:

17197902_559728300889487_992275027_n.jpg

It got me wondering what else I can have powder coated to help tidy up the engine bay, I asked about the engine mount cover drivers side and he can powerdcoat that also he mentioned the upper cambelt cover also - my question to you guys is there anything else worth having done while the cars with him for a few days, looking to get the engine bay looking nice and neat i'm also having red silicone hoses put in to later in the month so the colour theme is red/black.

I know this is probably a bit anal and im sorry!

Reactions: Gordini
Seen the photo below before and kind of prompted my red theme, thanks for the pointers on the alternator

Alternator and alternator bracket (if you're really anal), and the torque mount.

Here's a pic of a red manifold in case you were wondering what it would look like:

2fbe30bef44c9d6f4b4af882e6e12ff8.jpg

I think you already have it covered mate. Best to not go too overboard. You can always add something if you really feel it needs it but I don't think you will.

Going to look AMAZING!

Reactions: kevlar
All sorts of little brackets and things, noting big springs to mind!

But as above don't go overboard as it will look too much.

Also as above see sevenfourates engine bay - very tastefully done!

@sevenfourate you appear to be the king of detail on here any pointers?!

Thankyou for the Title @kevlar !

I'm from the less is more stable of thinking perhaps.....

Not knocking anyones ideas / visions, but alot of my mods and adding colour (Inside and under the hood) are from the subtle side of the scale. My mods are reasonably extensive, but apart from fractionally lower, wider and black badges you'd probably not tell much from the outside for instance.

Above all else - the only real advice i can give is:

1. First and foremost do it because you want to. By all means ask opinions on here, But if its in your heart - be prepared to stick by your guns and do what you want and like for you; and you only. This isnt a popularity contest and it matters none if no-one likes what you do.

2. Secondly - think ahead. If you can ! Might you get an induction kit later on ? Would red pipework fit in with the painted inlet manifold etc. Or if going that route (For example) would an inlet badge with red highlights work better with the other red parts you might add in future.......

For me i've added highlights; rather than big slabs of colour. Some call this type of thing OEM+. Taking out traits from stock and building on them (Not solely with OEM parts for me mind) as opposed to completely changing the look per-se.

Either way. Think and plan ahead - go for it - enjoy !!!

2_zpsfderzbun.jpg

29de497f-e4c8-479d-8736-db3eb1bed3e3_zpsdw9dijrh.jpg

@sevenfourate thanks for your thoughts, from your progress thread i see your all about the details - your engine bay along with many others on here are really nicely done.

As for your point 1 above, yes indeed im doing it becuase I want to, trust me I have had so much 'stick' from a family member about my car its not even funny! - the mods ive done are just for me alone, my wife somehow puts up with it not sure why or how, appears she likes me maybe?.

Ive had some nice cars before I had a Mk 1 Focus RS years ago and If I had the money I would have loved to have had the engine bay dressed up, but I never had the money to do it before plus I knew in my head i wouldnt keep the cars I had for a long time plus sadly you mod a car, your probably not going to see that money back.

I was asking on opinions from the point of view that i know many of you have been doing various mods for a while now and wanted opinion on what to get done or what not to get done ie saving time and money later by them having the car back to do bits later and from your guys experience maybe bits you had done & were a waste of effort or money etc etc.

Colour wise the bay is standard as it is, except the K Tec induction kit with red hose hence my path of red before me in the bay, im having red hoses done end of the month, the red was a choice made to fit in with the red calipers...yeh sad i know.

Having the manifold cover painted has been on my mind since i got the car as it is its killing me I really hate it as it is...seeing the engine bay mods here and on other clio forums has been really good to see what i do and dont like.

I was keen to get some opinions and I now have some to work off, only the inlet and cover will be red the rest will be done in black.

Im working on the interior ie the silver bits on vents etc - I have a friend of a friend who has a wrapping company so waiting on some samples from him so i can decide where im going with that - all fun stuff, but god damn expensive!.

I have tried contacting this company 3 times via email from there website and through eBay and nobody has ever got bk to me :-/

I have tried contacting this company 3 times via email from there website and through eBay and nobody has ever got bk to me :-/

Yeh Max is not the most 'tech' person I have met - Best bet is through facebook, he told me he rarely uses ebay now as he got messed around a lot (using ebay i can see that).

If you like pm me your contact details and I will ask him to contact you, i will be speaking to him today and collecting my car tmrw

Reactions: RSPez

Similar Thread Suggestions