Who's using Cup Racer / R3 bits?

at the time of measuring no but after that complete steering rack with limiting stops, track rods, rod ends with bump steer adaptors and steering rack shims from Clio Cup car was installed (and other cup bits)

Reactions: A1axx
at the time of measuring no but after that complete steering rack with limiting stops, track rods, rod ends with bump steer adaptors and steering rack shims from Clio Cup car was installed (and other cup bits)

Makes sense mate, just when you say shafts where measured on full lock, the lock with limiters is a lot less, possible this also accounts for different length.

Not a bad thing however, as you can run less camber when needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exact copies

View attachment 18308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GUYS GUYS GUYS, Just to correct a few mistakes on this otherwise great thread, the EE brackets in this pic are mine and are a genuine part, or were a genuine part to get the 2006 cup cars safe on the track at the start of the season.

The original cast part supplied on the first cars were breaking on hitting kerbs and to get the cars ready for the first round Renault sport supplied john at RSport with technical drawings to get a big batch of these made up, he had them made up by a company in the south who made a lot of indy car parts so i'd say they were up to the task.

They were used until Renault sport could get a safe second batch out to all cars (cast ones) all over the world, this took a while and I believe towards the end of the first season of racing (2006), as I was buying parts for my project john mentioned he had a couple of pairs of these ones left on the shelf and as I was not running my car in the clio cup would be ideal for what I wanted. so a deal was struck and I bought a pair for what I thought was an excellent price.

As far as I'm aware no failures of the alloy parts were recorded and I've not heard of any failures of the newer cast parts failing. I'm only putting this to set the record straight for future reference (anyone reading this in future).

I've not seen any info on these longer drive shafts being made, is it something that is being looked into? a group buy or something? could be interested in these myself.

Keep up the good info.

Perhaps john at RSport might still have the technical drawings for these, might be worth a try.

Reactions: A1axx
GUYS GUYS GUYS, Just to correct a few mistakes on this otherwise great thread, the EE brackets in this pic are mine and are a genuine part, or were a genuine part to get the 2006 cup cars safe on the track at the start of the season.

The original cast part supplied on the first cars were breaking on hitting kerbs and to get the cars ready for the first round Renault sport supplied john at RSport with technical drawings to get a big batch of these made up, he had them made up by a company in the south who made a lot of indy car parts so i'd say they were up to the task.

They were used until Renault sport could get a safe second batch out to all cars (cast ones) all over the world, this took a while and I believe towards the end of the first season of racing (2006), as I was buying parts for my project john mentioned he had a couple of pairs of these ones left on the shelf and as I was not running my car in the clio cup would be ideal for what I wanted. so a deal was struck and I bought a pair for what I thought was an excellent price.

As far as I'm aware no failures of the alloy parts were recorded and I've not heard of any failures of the newer cast parts failing. I'm only putting this to set the record straight for future reference (anyone reading this in future).

I've not seen any info on these longer drive shafts being made, is it something that is being looked into? a group buy or something? could be interested in these myself.

Keep up the good info.

Il have to check up on it, I was going by what I was told when buying them!

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Keep up the good info.

Just to update and reading the post fully, I am sorry, I took the information I was given wrong! I didn't know there was two different cast EE brackets.

Now I understand the Alloy ones were to fix the faulty cast EEs.

I have received my EE brackets, I have been told they are the updated cast EE brackets.

The part numbers are: DH 802 146 SE & DH 802 147 SE

Please correct me if these are the older faulty ones

Attachments

• IMG_8390.JPG
    IMG_8390.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8401.JPG
    IMG_8401.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Just to update and reading the post fully, I am sorry, I took the information I was given wrong! I didn't know there was two different cast EE brackets.

Now I understand the Alloy ones were to fix the faulty cast EEs.

I have received my EE brackets, I have been told they are the updated cast EE brackets.

The part numbers are: DH 802 146 SE & DH 802 147 SE

Please correct me if these are the older faulty ones

Sorry, I don't know the part numbers but I do believe they changed the part numbers (and replaced all the possibly faulty ones) so if they have the part numbers as per the latest parts list I'd say they were the current ones.