WIFI Signal Boosters??

Hey, im after some help from the I.T. peeps :smile:

I cant pick up a wireless signal at home in my spare bedroom and the route is too difficult to run an ethernet cable from downstairs. I have been told about something that you can plug in a socket (in the chosen room) and it boosts the signal so you computer can pick it up.

Can anyone link to what I need because I have no idea what to search for.

Thanks

we've got a box that plugs into the mains next to the router, and it turns the mains wiring into a wifi arial. I've no idea on the techincal side of how it works, but I have 5 bars of signal 2 floor above the router

I'm fairly confident that's a homeplug adapter, which is ethernet over power, not wifi.

You will still need to plug a network cable in to both ends of that.

yeah I believe:

Plug 1 - in to the router downstairs
Plug 2- -in to my pc upstairs

If thats the case then its fine as I dont really need it wireless as its only for PC use

I'm fairly confident that's a homeplug adapter, which is ethernet over power, not wifi.

You will still need to plug a network cable in to both ends of that.

you can get homeplugs that are basically a form of wifi extender, either way they're a great invention and work for the most part very well.

Ive just moved into a 3rd floor loft room and the signal is shocking. I want WIFI for the xbox, the internet provider is Virgin. Do I need a specific booster? Cheeerssss lads.