Windscreen 'protection' ?

eBay baby:grinning:

Gota say pretty impressed thus far!

Well applied 2 coats this morning - including to the Gf;s cars who wanted it when she saw gregs video!

Just on the front and back window for now. Will do the others at the weekend didnt have a lot of time to spend cleaning them all. Will update how I find the results :smile:

EDIT:

Have to say I was pretty happy to see it rain on the way home from work last night. :sunglasses:

Was suitably impressed - it was only fine misty rain at first, so it was still engaging the wipers, which because it was running off I had to turn down to the lowest setting, but the wipers were like running on silk.

Starting raining harder closer to home and I turned wipers off just to test, wow did it run off and some at 60mph!

Shall be continuing to use this! (also did 2 cars and hardly used any out the bottle)

Last edited:
I find it best when on NSL A roads and motorways at night as, without any street lights, you don't have to use wipers at all.

Thought it was about time i saw what all the fuss was about.......

IMG_5908_zps4ahzxm7y.jpg

Cleaned all the windows thoroughly. Wasnt sure how rubber / seal safe H2GO was - so decided to tape off anyway to be sure:

IMG_5909_zpsa0wiconw.jpg

IMG_5910_zpsmri8ke6o.jpg

2 coats applied to back and front windows. Single coat to the sides. And if shiny and smooth = water repelling......this should be a winner !

IMG_5911_zpsf2dat8s4.jpg

****And as an aside i think it was @Pav who commentated how much his arm ached after applying and removing this ? [At the time i sniggered to myself slightly.....thinking MAN-UP :smile: ]. But this stuff isnt easy to remove.....

I could see some 'smears' and was really trying to get them completely off the front and rear windows especially before the second application. Its quite waxy / oily looking and hard work to get off successfully. Its only like 6 degrees outside and im sweating. Halfway through !

I do get the feeling protection will be excellent. And after the next wash, once every smear has been banished - it will look superb too. Until then another clean microfibre and a round of polishing off awaits.........

I used a foam applicator from meguiars. Bit late to the party by the looks of it though!

To be honest guys - I didnt find it hard to remove at all with a really large microfibre, waited for it to haze then it came off quite easily - for me at least. Next time I do it though I will make sure I clay the windows, probably gives better a better bond.

I used a foam applicator from meguiars. Bit late to the party by the looks of it though!

To be honest guys - I didnt find it hard to remove at all with a really large microfibre, waited for it to haze then it came off quite easily - for me at least. Next time I do it though I will make sure I clay the windows, probably gives better a better bond.

I thought the same about Claying. Having cleaned yesterday.....claying was going to be a bit messy.

Yes - small foam applicator here too Chris thanks.... :smile:

Was cold outside - and with car being in garage - maybe it hadnt fully dried after 15 mins........?

It should just go hazy like wax when it sets off. Mine was really easy to remove, a few wipes and it was sparkling.

Perhaps Syer - I did outside and the sun was shining..

Very much similar Results to Greg - a few wipes and it removed easily....

i used a microfiber appilcator. not sure how different that is compared to a foam applicator, but will try a foam one next time.

Was cold outside - and with car being in garage - maybe it hadnt fully dried after 15 mins........?

was cold here too and didn't see a haze after 15 minutes. wiped it off anyway, since i wasn't sure how long H2GO is supposed to stay on the glass. next time i'll try in warmer weather.

also, the first time i used the wipers, they 'stuttered' when going down again (all okay when going up the window). now they wipe without effort.

i used a microfiber appilcator. not sure how different that is compared to a foam applicator, but will try a foam one next time.

was cold here too and didn't see a haze after 15 minutes. wiped it off anyway, since i wasn't sure how long H2GO is supposed to stay on the glass. next time i'll try in warmer weather.

also, the first time i used the wipers, they 'stuttered' when going down again (all okay when going up the window). now they wipe without effort.

Not sure the applicator matters much @peter . I just wanted something that didn't soak the H2GO up to much - and waste it. With a sponge type applicator it was ok.....

I THINK some of the problem was i was in the garage. Not only meaning it was cold possibly. But the light beaming in made things look worse too in regard of every single small smear or smudge. Took the car outside now and left it on for less time and was easier to get off and looked better quicker and easier.

Glass looks so good (I did headlights and mirrors too.....) i'm now waxing bodywork and wheels too :smile:

Reactions: peter

Ive found mine stutter now if I wipe without 'enough' water being on the windscreen.

Ive found mine stutter now if I wipe without 'enough' water being on the windscreen.

yeah, first time i used the wipers was in very light rain. more rain to come in the next few days over here, so lots of opportunity to test. :smile:

like i mentioned in post #14, i did clay the windows first. don't think it was necessary (i wash the clio almost on a weekly basis), except for the back window. clay bar got really dirty quickly.

Reactions: sevenfourate
yeah mine do it too..very annoying hence im not going to use these products again..though it was my wiper breaking down at first..i prefer fully working wipers with no judder..it rains a lot here in Manchester and its been doing my head-in..
The judder will settle eventually. It's just that the windscreen is so clean that they jump a little.
believe or not but mine has been on for over 2 years now and its still same ..