Would Recaro console from clio 3 RS fit in clio IV

Hello,

I'm Paul from the Netherlands. I have bought a Renault Clio IV, which will be delivered by the end of this month.
I have also bought 2 used Recaro Sportster CS leather seats with airbags and with Clio 3 RS Recaro consoles.(year of build: 2011)

My question is: does anyone know if these consoles will fit in my new Clio IV? (It is a non RS Clio IV, just to be clear)

If they only would fit with modifications, it also could be interesting for me. Then please tell/show me how to modify.

Thanks in advance. Any info is welcome:thumbup1:

Regards,
Paul.

Hey Paul,

waar vind je zomaar 2 leren Recaro's? :smiley:

je zult toch gewoon even moeten kijken hoe het bij een Clio 4 zit, de rails/consoles van de recaro's zijn niet los te halen dus het moet passen, of je moet lassen....

And a translation:

Hey Paul,

where you can find just two leather Recaro's? 

you'll still just have a look how it is with a Clio 4, the rails / consoles Recaro are not to release so it should fit, or you need welding ....

Checking and seeing is your best bet as stated above. The Recaro emails aren't too complicated so should be fairly easy to have suitable ones made up in required.

Hi Tutuur, also from the Netherlands I see :thumbup:. I bought the seats in Germany :german:

As I don't have the new car yet, there is not much to check now. I thought I'll ask it here and I hoped there is an expert on this Forum, who has already done this swap.
If this does not work out, I have to go to a Recaro dealer and have it done by them.

We will see, I still have a few weeks.

Regards,
Paul.

lol, i have a spare set from Germany too, love ebay!

As i said before, the rails/consoles can't be removed. odds are the fixings are the same though as afaik they are the same for megane 2, 3 and clio 197 and 200

Hi Tutuur,

I don't know what you mean with "the rails/consoles can't be removed". What I have now is 2 seats and separately 2 rails/consoles from a Clio 3 RS.
(they are seperated, as the guy I bought it from, had them built in a VW Golf, but kept the Clio consoles in has garage)
I mean, assuming the floor fixings of these consoles would fit in my new Clio IV, I only have to fix the seats onto these consoles and ready they are, or what?

What I really need to know, is: are the floor fixings the same or not (length/width). Anyone here who knows:001_unsure: ?

Regards,
Paul.

OK guys, continuing the story:

New car arrived early last week. This weekend I started to take the original seats out of the car and replace them for the Recaro's.
Long story short: it worked out perfectly. Consoles (Clio RS 3) fit perfectly in this car.
There was only a "seatbelt fixing point issue" at the passenger side. And the electronical connections for the side-aibags weren't matching.
I have had that all fixed today at a Recaro selling point nearby. It looks great and it sits perfectly.

I will post some photos later this week.

I'm a happy guy. :smile:

Oh, there is 1 thing missing though: the plastic cover for the console on driver's side + the handle to adjust the seat height.
The guy at Recaro couldn't help me out there, because it's original Renault stuff. If someone here could help me get these, it would be perfect. :thumbup:

Paul.

Hi, I've bought some Sportster CS seats from a III, looking to put them in my IV. Any updates Paul, and photos? And any details on parts you needed would be much appreciated.