Would you complain at this?

Doogle

Winner - POTM March 2018
Hey all,

Had my car in at the local Renault dealer for a warranty issue (boot lid rust) which they have done a great job on.

They were also removing the vinyl stripes on the door pillars, which they have done but leaving damage. The seal was new a month ago, clips are broken on the window seal and paint damage on both doors. Would you complain or just move on? I did pay for the work.

20171021_125745.jpg
20171021_125943.jpg
20171021_132139.jpg 20171021_125812.jpg

Last edited:
Would you complain? Damn right I would, I'd want new seals, new vinyl, new clips, courtesy car + compensation! :chris2:

Reactions: Doogle
Would you complain? Damn right I would, I'd want new seals, new vinyl, new clips, courtesy car + compensation! :chris2:

I'm thinking the same thing, just wanted opinions! I literally picked it up as they were closing today so Ill have to ring Monday morning. Bloody annoying :angry:

The rubber damage is enough, but that paint damage... Unbelievable.

As said before, courtesy car, all damage fixed, and maybe even compensation...

Maybe call and leave a message on the machine to show you knew about it straight away. They could try to claim you did it but if you called them same day they would struggle to justify that.

Maybe call and leave a message on the machine to show you knew about it straight away. They could try to claim you did it but if you called them same day they would struggle to justify that.

Been thinking about this, I took photos before I moved the car to show the damage. The photos have the date and time imprinted in the metadata and they will probably have a CCTV video of me walking back to the entrance 3 minutes after paying and finding the door wont open because they are closed Im not after compensation, just for it to be right.

Not only have they done the damage. But they’ve left it like it without mentioning.

That either says their happy with that standard of work, no one actually noticed or they knew and are trying to hide it.

Neither of which is anything like satisfactory from a Renault dealer. Or anyone else.

Reactions: Doogle
Absolutely no way they didn't notice that.

Bet the worker who did it knows they did it and just didn't tell anyone. Claim it was already there or something...

Reactions: Chris
I've got on to Renault UK before about them for other work on a previous car years ago, shame they are half assed. Made a great job of the boot and filling the holes left by the Cup spoiler I took off.

I know how much the seals by the window are, anyone know how much are the lower window seals are?

I've got on to Renault UK before about them for other work on a previous car years ago, shame they are half assed. Made a great job of the boot and filling the holes left by the Cup spoiler I took off.

I know how much the seals by the window are, anyone know how much are the lower window seals are?

£24 one side and £26 the other strangely................

Similar Thread Suggestions