WRC Wales

Is anyone going watch the WRC at Wales next weekend? It will be my first time for a good few years so if anyone has any pointers on which stage/s is good to watch it would be appreciated..

Thanks

Russ

Do you know amongst watching bikes, cars, dragsters and planes race....i've never watched rallying.

I bet a night stage in the Forest must be sight to behold.

Unfortunately a bit far for me - have fun though yourself ! Dont forget the pictures :smile:

I am lucky enough to be pals with the sponsor Dayinsure so have free access to all stages across the three days so should be fun, only snag is I am unsure in where to go to see the best bits!

Started following the WRC again. Went to Wales GB 04 and 05 then to Ireland when it first became a WRC round in 2007. Prefer tarmac rallies to gravel to be honest. These guys have enormous skill. Next season will be better with more manufactures.

I am lucky enough to be pals with the sponsor Dayinsure so have free access to all stages across the three days so should be fun, only snag is I am unsure in where to go to see the best bits!
Did you know only 2 rounds of the WRC spectators have to pay? Wales GB and Finland.

The thing about rallying is its hard to follow it about all day because of road closures etc. Pick stages that are run twice and move position. It's impressive when you are heading to a stage and you are overtook by WRC cars!

Bet the sound gets the hairs on your neck standing on end too.........
They sound great, plenty of bangs! Stood and watched them take off with the anti lag on, sounds like a machine gun!

Not as good as Shayne Byrne flying past you doing 170 at Cadwell Park on a 1299 Ducati Panigale with Akrapovics.

Toyota are new and Citroen will competing in all rounds with the new C3 as well as Hyundai, Ford and the all conquering VW Polo. In tarmac spec these car look immense.

The 2017 cars will be faster, with more downforce, the electronic centre diff returning and 380bhp. And agree re tarmac spec, they look awesome.

Well we had a cracking weekend at the rally, one poignant moment was when a foreign lady asked if she could budge in to the front where we were standing as her son was coming past in 15th position, whilst waiting she offered us some sandwiches and we chatted for a couple of minutes about the rally, never thought anything of it and then when he came past she was shouting and clapping him on, his name was Lorenzo Bertelli, still never thought anything of it until I got home that night and googled him, to say I was surprised when I found out how is mother is was an understatement!...

Reactions: sevenfourate
Well we had a cracking weekend at the rally, one poignant moment was when a foreign lady asked if she could budge in to the front where we were standing as her son was coming past in 15th position, whilst waiting she offered us some sandwiches and we chatted for a couple of minutes about the rally, never thought anything of it and then when he came past she was shouting and clapping him on, his name was Lorenzo Bertelli, still never thought anything of it until I got home that night and googled him, to say I was surprised when I found out how is mother is was an understatement!...

Shame she didnt offer you a warm coat or two to wear......

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LOCKE Motorsport 85
pacenotes Spotted 1
Adrian Other Marques 10
Foxspeed Motorsport 10
N General Chat 2