XBO V PS4 - or staying old?

With the release of CoD - Ghosts next week, 17 days before the release of the XboxOne, I can see a fair few people sticking with their 360's for a while. I won't be in any rush to get an XboxOne, they don't look that appealing! I dont want a bluray player or kinect, so with the option to remove them and save myself close to £200 I would be getting the new xbox straight away. But they don't offer you. They just give you. Is anyone else just after a new gaming system, not an entertainment system? And after having a ps3 and xbox360, I'd probably rather play pokemon on a gameboy color than get another playstation.

I'll be keeping the PS3 for while, only just replaced the old one with a new one because of the red light of death.

Might have been tempted by the new playstation if the games were backward compatible

I'll be spending the money on car parts instead.

Got a new 360 last Christmas and have probably only been on it 15-20 times since, just don't have the time to play it now with the new job so I can't justify spending money on one of the new ones. I won't get the benefit. I'll probably get one eventually, most likely go with the XboxOne or whatever it's called. I was always a Sony bummer but the PS3 just didn't grab me like the 360 did and I sold it after a few months (got it at release as well as a 360) and I've had a couple of 360's since. I keep selling them after a while and then missing it and buying another but I can't sell this one as the folks bought it for me as a present. Feel a bit guilty for barely using it to be honest...

I think the prices will drop greatly once the novelty has worn off. The gamertags are linked so it's not like you'll have to start again when you swap! However I do like the idea of cross-platform gaming!

I think the new xbox has been made for the living room player, not a bedroom gamebum :tongueout:

I did contemplating buying one of each on pre-order purely to sell on eBay!!! :smiley:

PS4 all the way.

Seeing Actualy Gameplay footage of the likes of Killzone 4 and Battlefield 4 etc etc

SOCIAL LIFE OVER

Now that there's cross-platform gaming, well on cod there is anyway, it's not about what your friends play aswell. You can play against whoever, on whatever console you want. Except PC. PC if for douchebags. Just saying!

I had pre-ordered an Xbox One however much like Willis, I just dont have the time to play the current PS3 so cancelled the pre-order. Might get one next year.

I'll probably get one eventually. I know I'll want the new Forza, and DriveClub etc. I've got all the current gen consoles (Wii, 360, Ps3) because I could never choose what games I wanted, but barely play any of them anymore. Also I've got GTA, the new Batman and the new Assasins Creed to get through before I run out of games. At my current rate of play (<1hr per week) that'll take me a year anyway :smiley:.

I want an Xbox One so badly, slightly put off by the fact that COD:G will only be running in 720p (on a new gen that's woeful!!)

Main reason I have to wait though is Uni, can't f'ck up final year hahaa..

I cant see the price coming down too much as they are fairly reasonable atm.
Pre ordered a ps4 bundle with 3 games which came to 400 pounds.

Not that fussed yet but I will get the One at some point.

not enough games out, plus there's a couple games I'm still playing on the 360. Plus, I want a new tv to show the full glory of the One.

The price better come down! Or they can the ******** bluray and kinect off -.- I don't need my xbox to tell me I can dance, I know I can dance!!

Seeing as most major games will still be released on both of the older platforms I'll probably wait till the price drops unless somewhere offers huge trade in prices against 360's as an incentive.

I'm a pc gamer - far better in my (biased) opinion :smiley: From what I read though the PS4 sounds like it is the better console.

I'm a pc gamer - far better in my (biased) opinion :smiley: From what I read though the PS4 sounds like it is the better console.

Console might be but gaming experance wont be ..

ive orderd my Xbox one and cant wait to start playing it :thumbup:

Staying old.. was talking about it earlier.. I'd only buy the Xbox One for Forza and £430 is a lot of money to play 1 game lol, specially as they released GTA 5 and COD Ghosts on 360.

Maybe when it drops in price of if my current 360 dies.

Staying old.. was talking about it earlier.. I'd only buy the Xbox One for Forza and £430 is a lot of money to play 1 game lol, specially as they released GTA 5 and COD Ghosts on 360.

Maybe when it drops in price of if my current 360 dies.

+1 to that as it was what we were saying last night on COD

I was really interest in a PS4 and was going to get myself one for Xmas but it's won't play PS3 games :worried: so am sticking with the 2 PS3's I have in my house, maybe in 18months time I just can't see the need to upgrade at the min.

Similar Thread Suggestions