Xenon Headlights Help

Hi all,

I don't usually post on here just browse. I need some advice on the headlights. Basically she's just passed the mot though the headlights when on seem way too high (xenon). When turned on they have three levels and stay on the highest level. I had no switch for this though have replaced it with the correct one. It works apart from the manual height adjustment switch. Do I need to change the motor? I presume it's a optional extra. Any advice would be appreciated.

Andrew

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Xenon headlights have automatic height adjustment, there's a sensor connector the the axle behind the rear nearside wheel (if you lie down you should see a little arm hanging down), and another on the front subframe which is a bitch to get at, you can just see it from the engine bay if you peer down the exhaust manifold to the right.

I've had a few occasions where the lights go a bit mental and start pointing up blinding everyone... :poke:

I've solved it a few times by unplugging the wiring at the sensors, giving them a good clean and packing with vaseline. Also make sure the arm moves freely and isn't siezed up, worst case it's a new sensor but I've never quite figured out whether it was front or back one at fault.

I think rear ones are quite common... Why they went to this effort instead of just fitting a normal switch god knows!

Hi,

Yeah I guessed the headlights have automatic height adjustment. Thanks for the advice I will look in to it.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk