200 Cup CV Joints

Gavin Hudson

Paid Member
Good evening everyone,

New to this site and hoping to make some changes to my Clio 200 Cup I have. My first concern is the car drives superbly and love every bit of it but I have knocking from the NS wheel. I have removed the suspension strut, hubs and drive shafts and to lower it etc. All the ball joints are fine and links too.
I only had the knocking from when it was on full lock and after stripping it down I had loads of play in the CV Joint and grinding.

My question is and cant find anything on it, do I need a complete driveshaft or can you by a separate CV Joint.

Many thanks for any advice.

Gavin

I would think a complete driveshaft from Renault as with a lot of things on the RS models they don’t do them after market, they have a wider Track so everything is longer and often aren’t available after market

You might drop lucky and find the cv joint being identical to a diesel Clio or even a Megane, I’d suggest taking a shaft into a motor factors with lots of Renault cv joints in stock, I’d be very surprised if they don’t do a swapable item even if it’s for a different model, It’s a long shot but might save you a lot of money

Its normally as cheap and easier to swap the drive shaft the genuine boot kit is about £40 each. Renault do service exchange ones roughly £130 try "Renault parts direct" they are the forums trader. If yours has play and grinding well no point putting on a condom after she tells you she pregnant so to speak you have to remove everything from one end anyway a driveshaft seal would be a smart thing at the same time.