2012 clio 3RS RB7 #166

I’ve seen it before. 0W40 or 5W40. I’ll stay at 5. It Only affects your cold start. Ow and sad your not the 1st of april at Spa...

Reactions: peter
@peter: I only know about a change from 5W40 to 0W40 for the Clio 4. The Mk3 is still listed with 5W40 from what I get. The only thing that changed is the recommended oil itself (was Evo 900 SXR and is now Evo RN-TECH). Interesting is that Total actually lists 5W30 as recommended engine oil for the Mk3 on their website.

@peter: I only know about a change from 5W40 to 0W40 for the Clio 4. The Mk3 is still listed with 5W40 from what I get. The only thing that changed is the recommended oil itself (was Evo 900 SXR and is now Evo RN-TECH). Interesting is that Total actually lists 5W30 as recommended engine oil for the Mk3 on their website.

hmm, i'll ask again when i have the front suspension fixed. thanks for the info.

going with 'javelin'?
did them last year. this year with 'circuit-days'. curious to see how they compare.

Did my Spa trip with Circuit Days, really good bunch of guys. One of them has a mk3 cup racer.
I take it you're quite restricted by Belgian law as to the modifications you can carry out Peter?

I take it you're quite restricted by Belgian law as to the modifications you can carry out Peter?

yup. in short, you won't get a green MOT card if the mods you have on the car don't come with a paper which says the manufacturer had the parts homologated by the belgian government for road use.

so, no 330mm brake kits ... no akrapovic evolution line, but a slip-on is ok ... no supersprint nor scorpion exhaust, but milltek and bastuck are ok ... no adjustable topmounts ... the steering wheel spacer i have is a no-go (have to take it off every year to pass the MOT) ... no gaz gold nor nitron nor AST nor intrax nor öhlins suspension. you can have B14's, H&R and KW coilovers ... no stainless steel braided brake lines ... megane engine swap or supercharger? they'll shoot you on the spot. i'm sure i'll get a red card if they somehow can see i'm running DS1.11's.

Reactions: Sean197 and Big Ben
yup. in short, you won't get a green MOT card if the mods you have on the car don't come with a paper which says the manufacturer had the parts homologated by the belgian government for road use.

so, no 330mm brake kits ... no akrapovic evolution line, but a slip-on is ok ... no supersprint nor scorpion exhaust, but milltek and bastuck are ok ... no adjustable topmounts ... the steering wheel spacer i have is a no-go (have to take it off every year to pass the MOT) ... no gaz gold nor nitron nor AST nor intrax nor öhlins suspension. you can have B14's, H&R and KW coilovers ... no stainless steel braided brake lines ... megane engine swap or supercharger? they'll shoot you on the spot. i'm sure i'll get a red card if they somehow can see i'm running DS1.11's.

That's quite strict! Are there ways round certain things, such as fitting braided brake lines then covering them in a rubber hosing etc?

That's quite strict! Are there ways round certain things, such as fitting braided brake lines then covering them in a rubber hosing etc?

untill a few years ago you could get away with that trick, but some of those bastards aren't that stupid anymore.
lots of guys take the mods of the car when the MOT is due, but i'm too old for that sh*t. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197