2012 clio 3RS RB7 #166

It looks brilliant with the white wheels, I really like that! Lovely car!

cheers jimmy. never planned to go for white wheels, but since these braid wheels are white from the factory and the premium to get them painted (any colour you like) was a bit steep, i wasn't too bothered. in the end turned out great.

Reactions: Jimmy
Nice1, I just decided on Michelin SP4! so far so good, just the wheel place damaged the special coating i had on the speediness... :worried:

cheers mate. :smile:

nothing planned yet. would like to go during the week. preferably on a friday afternoon or evening (i only live about a 90 minutes drive from the place). anyway, i think i need some new tyres first. this is how my cup 2's look like after my last trackday at spa, last friday ...

30061777455_4b23f9c973_b.jpg

29767833250_3ca3862353_b.jpg

You are probably ridding the apex on the exit to much. It's really hard for the tyre to take it :pensive:
We are running a Michelin slick on our BMW track day car and this happens every time we push for fast laps :smirk:
That is my experience with the tyres on track, but I'm interested what will Michelin say

You are probably ridding the apex on the exit to much. It's really hard for the tyre to take it :pensive:
We are running a Michelin slick on our BMW track day car and this happens every time we push for fast laps :smirk:
That is my experience with the tyres on track, but I'm interested what will Michelin say

you mean i'm too aggressive on the exit curbs? hmm, i try to avoid them as much as possible. but yeah, sometimes i let the car run wider.

still no word from michelin. disappointing and annoying. a reminder email is on its way ...

nothing to report really. bought two image files of the clio at the nürburgring back in september 2016, today.
couldn't make up my mind which to buy, so got them both. :smile:

31948987490_039605d8d6_b.jpg

31948985950_48bda9488e_b.jpg

best thing about them is you can't see how crap the lap was. :blush:
my passenger doesn't look too worried. have to try harder next time.

first track miles of 2017. car worked flawlessly, had tons of fun and got home safely. not bad for a saturday afternoon.

next weekend i'll see if there's enough life in the front brakes. if not, galfer pads will be replaced with ferodo DS1.11's and the discs will get changed too (coated) brembo HC's (part# : 09.8904.11).

33040687650_7218b8302f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Track photographer, a friend or ?

track photographer (i think he's employed by the organizers of this particular trackday). did a good job this year. only did a small edit on the photos myself (made the colours a bit warmer, lifted a few black parts, added a vignette and that black pinstripe frame).

Reactions: sevenfourate