A question for those that have Meg'ed their car.

NickD

Paid Member
Do you feel the car has lost something since you did it? In particular if you track the car regularly dose the car lose enjoyment of the NA engine?

Having tracked my car a few times in both n/a and boosted form here’s my opinion.
The n/a setup sounded great/better which adds to the experience. It was pleasing to rev it all the way to the limiter and the car was easier to control on the throttle in corners

But....

It was horrible having put in all the hard work in the corners and braking zones to close on the car in front only to have him pull 10 lengths clear down any straight. I much prefer the boosted car. Yes it diminishes the car a little in one aspect but having the extra slab of torque/power and in my case LSD more than makes up for it.

It really moves the Clio into a higher league in terms of what cars you can have fun/target on trackdays whilst still keeping the ‘its only a clio’ underdog tag

I loved mine and will be building a new, more powerful, one in the new year. Renault should have done a turbo mk3 from the factory.
Amen.

Great to hear you’re getting another one Sean. Look forward to the build thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197
i can echo the above really...the car doesnt loose on the fun factor and its even more pleasing in the straights now...(well it was)...:chair:

the extra torque/power will give you a very satisfying feeling and im not talking about track days either..the fact that you dont have to rev it just to be able to overtake a fabia rs makes it all more fun...and more powerful cars will see your tail on many occasions :sunglasses:

Reactions: Sean197