Aftermarket headunit for Clio 200

CM200

Paid Member
hey all bought an after market headunit and wired a sub in today.

However the aftermarket headunit won’t power up at all.

I have the satnav so not sure if this is making it throw a wobbly? Any help would be appreciated!

I take it you’ve not put a multimeter on the iso plugs behind the stereo and checked all powers are in the right places? Or have you used a steering wheel remote control that provides accesory and permanent live in vaguely the correct places?

Sat Nav shouldn't cause an issue with powering up, the original HU has a permanent live iirc, it doesn't use a switched live but it might be in the ISO connector... FYI the Sat Nav might not work properly with an aftermarket HU.

Sat Nav shouldn't cause an issue with powering up, the original HU has a permanent live iirc, it doesn't use a switched live but it might be in the ISO connector... FYI the Sat Nav might not work properly with an aftermarket HU.
I know the steering wheel control provides a switched live, illumination etc from the data on the can bus system and switches the radio off when you open the door, there may well be as you say an ignition live in there somewhere, but if not there is definitely one in the centre console for the cigarette lighter if you don’t have a steering control interface :wink:

I take it you’ve not put a multimeter on the iso plugs behind the stereo and checked all powers are in the right places? Or have you used a steering wheel remote control that provides accesory and permanent live in vaguely the correct places?

Just in case anyone else comes across this issue *sorry for the lack of info on the OP as well.

Thank you all very much for the replies.

The headunit bought came with a loom that slots directly into the wiring loom behind the original headunit.

However - not all wires married up, I soon realised the continuous power had no marrying wire on the clios loom. Some spare wire, choc and sekisui later I had power.

I haven’t put the steering wheel control loom in yet as I haven’t purchased it so the Clio’s original steering control loom is currently residing behind my new headunit.

I hope this all makes sense if anyone wants photos or more info I’ll gladly chuck it up.

Sub wiring was super easy as well thankfully.

Also @Dumdum Luton

Appreciate the input as well guys, sorry I didn’t reply earlier. I owe this forum a lot.