Alarm - Can you make it louder?

as its been soo hot recently, ive been leavin my car on the carpark but parked next to my office window with the windows open an the car unlocked.

now at first the alarm was goin off cuz my keys were a lil far away to pick up i was next to the car so the alarm went off.

when it was going off, i noticed it was fairly quiet, so is there anyway you can turn the alarm volume up?

also, is there any chirps you can activate for when u open n close the car as i like to know its locked if u get me an i feel that when u park up in a public place, if your car chirps when u lock it, any shady lurkers know to stay well away.

any help appreciated.

Jay :thumbsup:

if that is the case dude i jus dnt understand why its so quiet.

it wouldnt wake me up if someone was breakin into it put it that way lol

It is pants, mine went off a few days after I got it because the windows were down, I didn't realize it was mine for ages because it sounded so far away.

Opening the carr door would probably make more noise than the alarm itself, lol.

im gonna look into upgrading or moving the siren if i can, because to be honest, id really like to know if someone is breaking into my car lol.
think itll be some money well spent in my eyes.

gonna look into it an ill post up what i find out

ill tell you something really scary. my window was broken 3 month back 40 feet away from where i was workin. alarm didnt even go off never mind been quiet lol

I noticed it was really weedy when i thought mine was a car somewhere down the road!

What you want is the siren off a Clifford alarm, again they arnt "mega" loud but they ring at a tone that gives you a splitting headache pretty much straight away lol! As theives dont really give a **** about a noise, they will still try and have it or whatever they have spied inside.

I once let my Concept 600 go on an older car when i was in my garage! Ouch is not the word!

Alarms are standard on UK cars, wouldn't get insured in this country without one.

I'm contemplating a Tracker on mine, just working out whether it's a financially viable option.

Alarms are standard on UK cars, wouldn't get insured in this country without one.

I'm contemplating a Tracker on mine, just working out whether it's a financially viable option.

Mine has a tracker fitted apparently, ent 100% sure an wouldnt know how to check, gona ring up the garage i brought it from tmoro.

Ive found some 115 & 125dB sirens for not alot of money, an it cnt be that difficult to wire one in to replace the standard one.

Ive found some 115 & 125dB sirens for not alot of money, an it cnt be that difficult to wire one in to replace the standard one.

Be warned though - if you alter the alarm wiring in any way, I'm pretty sure you will lose the Thatcham Approval thus voiding your insurance.

On a further note Jamie -

On my 182 I can disable the interior sensors to allow me to leave a window open but the rest of the alarm remains active.
To do this you have to switch the IGN on/off three times, exit the car and then arm it. Not sure if/how this would translate onto a 197.