Ali's Albi 197

Bit of engine bay tidying last week, replaced the standard battery with a smaller Odyssey PC680 so that I could have a better position for the air filter. Couldn't be arsed relocating to the boot so this seemed a nice compromise. A decent weight saving over the stock battery too at 6kg :smile:

I might get a bigger filter at some point and maybe some sort of heat shield surround for it but right now I'm pretty happy with it. The induction noise is much more noticeable now!

View attachment 125601
View attachment 125602
View attachment 125600
That looks really good. I don’t have the header tank that side so would be even more effective

That looks really good. I don’t have the header tank that side so would be even more effective
I'd recommend the battery definitely. Saves loads of space and weight. Yeah should be easier for you, was a bit of a squeeze still getting the header tank pipe work to fit neatly

Reactions: Big Ben
Small update, been doing a few bits and bobs recently to finish the Clio off. Mechanically and appearance wise too.

First off I managed to get my hands on a Cup spoiler, only issue is it was in black. So I ordered up some Albi blue in a rattle can and went to town on it. Turned out well in the end, f*cked up a little with the lacquer (don't mix em) and had to sand back and start again. But generally its a good finish:

IMG_9735.JPG IMG_9640.JPG IMG_9824.JPG IMG_9825.JPG

Made myself a boot carpet too after removing the rear seats, didn't fancy paying Ktec £95 for the 'off the shelf' version...so £20 later I had a nice piece of automotive carpet and got going with the scissors. Took the finished piece to the local carpet shop and had it edged in black for a tenner. Job done! Would have preferred blue but the only one he had didn't quite match so played it safe:IMG_9859.JPGIMG_9874.JPG IMG_9873.JPGIMG_9882.JPG

Managed to fix the trip computer also after about a year of it not working. Simple fix in the end, plugged CLIP in and it told me the issue, open circuit in the indicator stalk unit. Took it apart and sure enough, a broken wire! Repinned it back in, put the stalk back in and I had a working computer :smile: most straight forward thing I've ever done involving the words 'Renault' and 'electronics' ....

The culprit:
IMG_9914.JPG

And lastly, I installed the Engine Dynamics short shifter. Not had chance to drive it properly yet but doesn't seem loads shorter, we'll see though. For the ballache of fitting I was expecting miracles... nothing is easy to do on these cars in the engine bay with the meg lump in, even with small hands :sweatsmile:

IMG_9947.JPG

Cheers

Also, forgot to add. I purchased a reversing camera for the rear number plate light holder. It replaces the plastic housing and is pretty neat. I took the power from the reverse light so it triggers whenever you select the reverse gear which is pretty cool.

IMG_9956.JPG IMG_4576.JPG

Reactions: suj and Micah
perfect update..love your rear cam..looks very smart..does it work when driving too or only when reversing??

Very impressed with all your work bud! All to a high grade too, nothing appears to have been rushed. I admit to not having the patience for a project this size!

Reactions: Heppy997
perfect update..love your rear cam..looks very smart..does it work when driving too or only when reversing??

Ta Pav, mine only works when in reverse as it's only powered then, could easily have it constantly powered on though and then view it while driving if you wanted

Reactions: Pav
Very impressed with all your work bud! All to a high grade too, nothing appears to have been rushed. I admit to not having the patience for a project this size!
Thanks mate. It's just time I guess! Luckily I have some spare time at the mo so it's just like a little hobby I guess