Any heavy rock / metal fans in here?

///M

Gold Member
Long shot maybe but worth a go.

Friday Tune (for those of you delicate of ears, it's a little noisy)

Anyone? Play us a tune?

:smile:

Might not fit under the thread title but, never heard this, really enjoyed it. Driving at sunset tune. Love the synth swells too. Well nice mate nice one.

Reactions: Big Ben and Beany
Nothing better than a good metal album when doing some cardio. Some of the stuff i'm a fan of:

Not sure if this constitutes as heavy rock, but I was into this as a youth and still listen to it now!
In fact, it’s on in the car now! Lol

It DEFINITELY qualifies. Not only that, it's one of the greatest songs of all time. RIP Chris.

Reactions: Beany
@Sean197 Love Spreads - TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE!!! Bloody love the Stone Roses. Such a shame their record company screwed us all over by stopping them releasing anything while they were at the height of their powers.

Reactions: Sean197
@Sean197 Love Spreads - TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE!!! Bloody love the Stone Roses. Such a shame their record company screwed us all over by stopping them releasing anything while they were at the height of their powers.

Only got into them through Oasis tbh as I'm a little too young to have been into them in '89. Love Ian Brown's solo stuff too.
They went into their record company's office and through tins of paint everywhere during the dispute lol

Reactions: ///M
Only got into them through Oasis tbh as I'm a little too young to have been into them in '89. Love Ian Brown's solo stuff too.
They went into their record company's office and through tins of paint everywhere during the dispute lol

Thanks for making me feel old mate.

:smiley:

Sneaked into the Hacienda the back way twice to watch them around 89. Good times to be in Manchester.

And that scumbag record company deserved more than paint, but it was pretty funny.

And yep, Brownie's solo stuff is bloody brilliant for the most part too. F.E.A.R. is well into my favourite tunes.

Reactions: Big Ben and Sean197
Something from Brazil. Love the tempo change at the end.

And bloody love this one (lyrics are ace too!):

Something I discovered thanks to Grand Theft Auto:

Probably more punk than rock but I love a good two piece:

And another out and out classic. Still amazes me that this tune only exists because one side of the album wasn't long enough. Written AND recorded in the studio in all of 20 minutes.

Reactions: Beany

Now I went to see Metallica live last year in Manchester and they waited until last to play my favourites! Nothing else matters and enter sandman... but I heard the above and fell in love with her cover!

I also love this in a rather different way!

I’m also a massive linkin Park fan and was a bit upset last year when Chester killed himself! Gutted I think was the word!

Last edited: