Black standard 197

Nice day in the sun today and got some little jobs ive been meaning to do for a while, finally finished off the calliper refurb and got the brembo stickers on. 0389548D-F3F6-4FA5-944C-406A55DACFA4.jpeg
Then i got abit adventurous and fancied re-trimming the A pillars with black.
I can happily say what a ball ache this was! But once they were out it was nice and easy. Happy with the result for a DIY job, just makes me want to do the roof lining even more.
CAD45593-18CA-47CA-82D8-300CFC525174.jpeg 73182ABC-C183-4EAF-8462-F1932E467001.jpeg

To come in future will be new discs and pabs i think. And if anyone knows anyone with an exhaust going ill be happy to look at buying
Also copped a little carbon fiber cover for the engine bay373E1B06-9B78-4F92-B607-764616C9D33E.jpeg

Reactions: Beany
Nothing better than spending some quality time on your baby..What did you use for your a pillars?

@Pav literally just some black cotton. I was going to go with the Alcantara/suede vibe but went to the shop and they didnt have any. And for £4 i thought why not give it a go! Stuck them on with some adhesive which the woman said worse case scenario adhesive remover will bring them back standard again

Reactions: Pav
Grand job with the A-pillars, something I've thought about since I got rid of my old A3 S-line with full black interior, just something a little sleeker about it!

Don't know where you are but there's a KTR exhaust on here for a 197 in the classifieds. Get sorted with membership for a fiver and you'll see it. Well worth it just for the How-to guides alone.

@Benno yeah ive been meaning to sort membership out, ill have to get it done this week. And im the same, ive just got rid of my new style Focus ST with all black rooflining etc. Definitely miss it, ive just heard bad reviews on removing the roof lining, we shall see

So little update:

Car has been in for a health check....
Both ball joints have gone so car is booked in for 3 weeks time,
Also discovered a spring has bust so looking to get some new springs to lower it while im at it!

Also purchased some akropavic exhaust tips. Cosmetic only but i love the look of them. Definitely freshens up the look of the back end compared to the slash cuts! 9BD75E8F-67D7-4948-888F-D38BCECCF139.jpeg780A6A67-B582-442E-8FD9-660ED9D7AE2B.jpeg

Reactions: Pav and Foxspeed
Well not updated for some time,

Finally got gold stickered!
9E79DA34-2216-43E2-9A05-482D983A3EF4.jpeg
Had the car in the garage to sort out the ball joints, had to get a new hub but ricky at rpm sorted me out!

Id also had a spring bust so purchased some 30mm apex lowering springs, not seen any reviews on these but i can say they’re spot on, not too hard of a ride and handling has improved alot and looks brill.3E5970D3-E960-4B4B-8523-6916D3279349.jpegBE751694-6079-421E-BE67-1FB7F60FA3BE.jpeg

Today i cleaned out the drainage holes, one was blocked up which wasnt pretty but gave me chance to dress all the plastics and freshen the engine bay up. F1F25912-812D-4686-AEF1-9762E35B3C50.jpeg

And then noticed the stupid oil near the spark plugs so again set to cleaning it out. The rubber seal had expanded so much it was useless so made up a new seal so hopefully all will be fine now.0665C4F5-59A1-4B91-B65F-B7CE4C7F90FD.jpeg

Reactions: Big Ben and Enis
Discs and pads will be on the agenda next month i think, and an aircon recharge this month. Was thinking standard discs front and rear, then a good pair of pads on the front if anyones got any suggestions? Mid budget normal driving with some fast road

Not updated for quite a few months!
Few little maintenance updates

Finally got the brakes sorted went for the mintex pads on front and brembos on the rear, one of the front pistons were siezed and the rears barely working at all so got them all free’d up and now they work brilliant!

Then the wipers.... stopped in the middle of the screen took them apart and had a went through a good can of WD40 worked for a day and then same again, ordered a new motor and while it was on order came across the how to guide on seized linkages, and they were dry as a bone, metal on metal no grease at all, so sorted that out.

These cars really are the gift that keeps on giving -.-

next im thinking of changing up the wheel colour, saw someone with some storm grey wheels but wondering if they would go on black? anyone any suggestions? I want subtle but different9FEE31F4-EB42-4CC1-80AE-C3FE15370B5E.jpeg

I was also thinking of that wheel color. If you do it post lost of pics please

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk