Bonnet height

This may have been asked before but can the RS197 bonnet height be adjusted? My bonnet and bumper are both original but the bonnet sits a few mm too low when it is shut which looks really odd from certain angles....:thumbdown:

I had a quick look and it is not obvious how to do this (if it can be done at all). Service 3 is being done next week so I may mention it then if it is a tricky job....

I have a similar issue on my 200 Cup where the bonnet sits a few mm too low compared to the front panel. I cannot get my bonnet to close by the drop method any more, I now have to carefully push it shut. I think the bonnet catch has moved down a bit, possibly causing the problem. My mate who has been a fitter in a bodyshop for many years says the bonnet stops are not adjustable, so hopefully the catch is. When we get a chance I will try and readjust it to see if this helps. Hopefully the bumper wont have to come off!!

dont think you can other than moving the catch.
the pads that it sits on cant be moved i know that.

think its supposed to be a little low due to the issues with the 182's bonnets flying open on the motorways.

Jase, has the bonnet catch got some up and down adjustment then? I just want to be able to shut it using the drop method, rather than the bouncing off the catch and not closing one. If they have set them lower to stop air creeping under the edge, thats a bit cowboy isnt it? My car was built by cowboys by my current experience anyway...

Put washers between the catch and bonnet and it will raise the front, if too much adjustment is needed longer bolts may be required, M8 i think.

My carbon bonnet required alot of adjustment and this method worked for me.