Brakes question

Hi guys,just wondering if someone can help me with this please.
Basically I took my Clio in for its last service of the Renault plan (it's a 2014 plate) and they came back to me saying that the back tyres needs replacing which I knew about and that the rear brake discs are corroded and needs changing
together with brake pads and all together it would be 896,00£.
Obviously I'm only gonna tell them to only change the tyres now and probably do the brakes somewhere else.
My questions are two though,where the discs are corroded is the actual top, not where the pads are,does is it really need changing?it doesn't affect the braking of the car as far as I know.
Second question, fair enough with the tyres but the brakes should be covered by warranty (which in my case will end next month) am I right?
Thanks and have a good weekend everyone

no the car is in Wakefield,is all around the edge of the discs anyway

i've ran years with the top edges and the disc bells corroded. not a reason to replace them, unless you get fed up with how they look. which is what i did with the fronts. :smile:

i've ran years with the top edges and the disc bells corroded. not a reason to replace them, unless you get fed up with how they look. which is what i did with the fronts. :smile:

yeah what I thought,ok thanks a lot,apparently the most expansive part are tyres,400,00£ for 2 Dunlop sports?

The rear discs are corroded most likely because of the callipers or the pads there are places that can skim the disc while fitted to the car to clean up the face the pads normally work to the very outside edge there might be a chance the wrong pads have been fitted I don't know just how much it is to have done but no point until the source of the problem is fixed they should be worked on twice a year pads out cleaned, lube the guides etc as they can jam and cause the rusty edge which is hard to get back from.
https://skimmydiscs.co.uk/
We need pictures to see how bad outside and inside faces are as for tyres shop around it's nice to have a top end set of tyres but if your driving around town all the time just get a branded sport set you can afford Don't go too much by the tyre labelling systems they are done by the tyre companies and not tested by government or EU test centres so the truth can be stretched a little or is that good at the start but can change a lot as they wear.

The rear discs are corroded most likely because of the callipers or the pads there are places that can skim the disc while fitted to the car to clean up the face the pads normally work to the very outside edge there might be a chance the wrong pads have been fitted I don't know just how much it is to have done but no point until the source of the problem is fixed they should be worked on twice a year pads out cleaned, lube the guides etc as they can jam and cause the rusty edge which is hard to get back from.
https://skimmydiscs.co.uk/
We need pictures to see how bad outside and inside faces are as for tyres shop around it's nice to have a top end set of tyres but if your driving around town all the time just get a branded sport set you can afford Don't go too much by the tyre labelling systems they are done by the tyre companies and not tested by government or EU test centres so the truth can be stretched a little or is that good at the start but can change a lot as they wear.

thanks to all of you guys for the answers,I will try to get pictures when I get the car but the faces of the brakes are fine is just the top of the disks,could it be because I don't use the car often even though is covered rain can always get to them and condensate as well no?
Regarding the pads and calipers are the stock ones cos I got the car when it had 4000 miles and I never did anything to brakes so I'm pretty sure they still the stock ones.