Broken Fan Flap?

Advice needed please, read quite a lot around the heat resistor being knackered.

I’m guessing that isn’t my issue as the fan appears to be working at all speeds.

I can hear the fan noise increase as it’s turned up however the airflow seems to be really poor. Pollen filter has been changed already.

Could there be a broken flap or something inside blocking airflow?

This was a fault in the 172 Clio so might be the same as 197 the climate control has motors that move the flaps inside the 172 suffered from if a flap was frozen ie. iced up flap the motor would turn and split the gear on the flap end it was a matter of remove the motor glue the gear and reinforce with a cable tie round the outside job done. Some people were pulling out the dash board replacing the blower assembly at £1000 odd. The sign would be on my 172 you could go from cold to hot but not back again.

When I get a little time I am going to upgrade mine from manual to climate control I have all the stuff to do it the heater box is the same as the manual so I am going to fit the harness and motors from the climate box to the manual one so I don't have to disconnect or recharge the aircon or heater matrix there will be a small hole where the yellow arm is but I can tape over that. There is a third motor remove the motors and check the flaps with your hand you might just have a dead motor
Manual type
upload_2019-10-10_15-8-35.png

Climate Control type
upload_2019-10-10_15-9-33.png

Reactions: Sean197
This was a fault in the 172 Clio so might be the same as 197 the climate control has motors that move the flaps inside the 172 suffered from if a flap was frozen ie. iced up flap the motor would turn and split the gear on the flap end it was a matter of remove the motor glue the gear and reinforce with a cable tie round the outside job done. Some people were pulling out the dash board replacing the blower assembly at £1000 odd. The sign would be on my 172 you could go from cold to hot but not back again.

When I get a little time I am going to upgrade mine from manual to climate control I have all the stuff to do it the heater box is the same as the manual so I am going to fit the harness and motors from the climate box to the manual one so I don't have to disconnect or recharge the aircon or heater matrix there will be a small hole where the yellow arm is but I can tape over that. There is a third motor remove the motors and check the flaps with your hand you might just have a dead motor
Manual type
View attachment 136691

Climate Control type
View attachment 136692

I am guessing the two parts circled are two of the three motors? Is it just a case of giving it a tug and then I can check it over?

Will give it a crack over the weekend and report back!