Caliper cleaning

Can anyone suggest a method or product to clean up the bare metal brembo calipers on 197.
Mine have become quite dull and pitted looking.
A simple wash will not shift any of it.

Thanks.

First thing would be to soak them in IronX to try to remove the brake deposits, then scrub with a wire pad or brush. If that doesn't work then a wire wheel on a dremel will bring them up nicely.

Reactions: Lukepanigale
The grey Brembo callipers have a layer of anodising on them so wire brushing them will damage the finish and the brembo logo face is a machined finish I got a set aqua blasted the guy showed me the anodising layer where the pistons fit. They came up too bright then because of the pitting when I went and had them anodised, without the smooth finish the anodising was not successful. But I have used fine and coarse nylon drill wheels 24mm 50mm and 75mm and are quite good not as bad as a wire brush leaving marks or use a brass or swade shoe type wire brush can help clean them up from the road grime deposits without showing scratches. I had started off cleaning with the Dremel brass type brushes around the inside and brake pad areas. I think after it pits painting is the only way to do it using a primer to smooth the surface but finding a good satin finish high temperature paint that's near the original colour is hard to find.
upload_2018-9-8_23-1-46.png

Reactions: Pav