Camera's on Phones.................

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
What do you camera people think of the camera's on modern phones ?

Whats the Phone to have if you wanna snap some good shots ? Both bang-up to date and some slightly older models for those on a budget........

I'm no expert but i do struggle a little on my iphone 6. Options / settings / variables are nothing like as comprehensive as any modern digital, and the pics i do take are nothing like even a basic point and shoot Lumix etc captures from my experience.

Could just be me of course !

Last edited:
well im no expert at this at all but im pretty happy with my Asus zenfone..before that i had a sony ericson vivaz that could take pictures in HD..we are talking 8 even more years ago..all my photos (Route 500 in Scotland) were taken with my phone..im happy with the quality..you can judge them too

I think Panasonic do a camera phone lot money, I think phone comes in handy but slr if u like pics

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Moto-X-Style-Mobile-review-Style-and-Substance/Ranking

DXO rating are pretty reliable, Galaxy S6edge is current champ but if you would rather iOS the 6S+ is not far behind. I think the big difference between big phones like the plus and smaller phones like your 6 is the optical image stabiliser.

Im perfectly happy with my iPhone 6+ for day to day snaps, the sweep panorama mode is actually better than my big cameras!

Last edited:
Also, before changing consider using an alternate camera app as you can get lots with manual ISO and shutter speed etc.

I cant / wouldn't change phones as its a paid for company phone and seeing as its free i'm very happy with it ! I got a 6 not a 6+ as it spends most of its life in my overalls pocket on-site. Anything too big is a pain....

BUT: The alternative camera app is a good shout and i didnt realise.

Any suggestions or experience ?

Also, before changing consider using an alternate camera app as you can get lots with manual ISO and shutter speed etc.

+1 to this comment. There are a lot of great apps which will allow you greater control of the camera and add settings such as those which are mentioned above. For the iPhone, I really like "Manual" for its simplicity and lack of cost.

I'd also suggest getting some of the really quite decent editing software available. My personal favourite is Snapseed.

+1 to this comment. There are a lot of great apps which will allow you greater control of the camera and add settings such as those which are mentioned above. For the iPhone, I really like "Manual" for its simplicity and lack of cost.

I'd also suggest getting some of the really quite decent editing software available. My personal favourite is Snapseed.

Your suggestion is a good one !

Did a quick search before i popped out, and Manual was often mentioned as "the" one to get:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...-iphone-camera-and-photo-editing-apps-1187186

Going to purchase in a couple of mins when i can let go of my cheese roll ! Will then look at Snapseed too.

Cheers for the heads-up,

The Manual app is epic @MRizzle .....and thanks for the suggestion [MENTION=54105]Sniktysnikty[/MENTION] ! Just 'proper'.........

Last edited:
Personally I have Samsung s7 and think the camera is great on it. Think it was Chase Jarvis that said the best camera you have is the one you have with you.

Phil

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Similar Thread Suggestions