Catback Exhaust - Resonated Vs. Non Resonated?

Hi all,

I've been in the market for a catback exhaust to liven up my daily commute and turn a couple of heads. I've decided on the Scorpion Catback as the Akra is out of my budget. The question is Resonated or Non Resonated ??? What is the sound difference like? I know Non Res systems are usually louder (more pops n bangs) but I wouldn't mind that as long as droning isn't a factor. Or should I just stick with the safe option and buy the Resonated system? Any opinions? Thanks

I've just had a Scorpion Non-Resonated Cat Back system installed just over a month ago and it is PERFECT for what i was after.

Lovely deep rumbling noise and gurgles/pops when coming down the revs.

Some people had worried me about the drone on motorways but i went for it anyway as i dont travel motorways that often. However i have tested multiple times and in my case the loudest the drone is, is about 60 odd mph (but thats being picky, its not a bad or annoying drone at all in my opinion, low to medium volume music would drown it out).

It sounds like a premium exhaust which i was mostly glad about, i was scared of it sounding 'tinny or cheap.

I was worried about the non-res being too loud and at the same time the resonated being too quiet and seem like a waste of money. The non-res i have it perfect loudness in my opinion, quiet enough while idling (whilst still have a nice deep rumbling noise) but loud when you want it to be and it definitely turns heads. I got the Mrs to drive round the street so i could hear it from outside and it sounds even better than inside :smile:

I absolutely love mine and wouldn't change it one bit! Hope you make the right decision for your needs :smile:

Reactions: Cossers
Roshi’s does sound good, I’ve heard it, the problem is when you take a cat out, I have a non res and decat with a full induction kit, it’s loud! I was in a shop the other day to get something and the wife was sitting in the car so I let it idle, I could hear it in the shop! Saying that, it still makes me giggle like a schoolboy :%)

Reactions: Big Ben and Benno
After reading your post I decided to buy the non ress scorpion and you're so right , it sounds lovely and not too loud
I've just had a Scorpion Non-Resonated Cat Back system installed just over a month ago and it is PERFECT for what i was after.

Lovely deep rumbling noise and gurgles/pops when coming down the revs.

Some people had worried me about the drone on motorways but i went for it anyway as i dont travel motorways that often. However i have tested multiple times and in my case the loudest the drone is, is about 60 odd mph (but thats being picky, its not a bad or annoying drone at all in my opinion, low to medium volume music would drown it out).

It sounds like a premium exhaust which i was mostly glad about, i was scared of it sounding 'tinny or cheap.

I was worried about the non-res being too loud and at the same time the resonated being too quiet and seem like a waste of money. The non-res i have it perfect loudness in my opinion, quiet enough while idling (whilst still have a nice deep rumbling noise) but loud when you want it to be and it definitely turns heads. I got the Mrs to drive round the street so i could hear it from outside and it sounds even better than inside :smile:

I absolutely love mine and wouldn't change it one bit! Hope you make the right decision for your needs :smile:

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk