Suj's Nimbus Clio 197 and E36 328i Trackcar

Lovely looking car. Stance is much better with the spacers imo

Enjoy her!

Thanks Ben, pics make it look cleaner than it is haha, it's been keyed on passenger side, got dinks, someone has hit my wing mirror with a blue car etc lol

Yeah looks so much better!

Eibachs with non-Cup dampers (What they were designed and based around ultimately) is what i run too.

Hope you love it on the road as much as i do Suj.

Cars looks WICKED with the Speedlines on now. VERY nice buddy. A great transformation all in. You must be chuffed !

Thanks Syer, how are you dude? Just read about C2 for track, great choice!
Oh I didn't know you were also on non-cup and Eibach! Good choice sir hehe.

Yeah looks so much better!

Looking good however I don’t like the wheel colour with nimbus. I like them individually but not together.

Hope you enjoy the ride comfort.. why didn’t you fancy the cup suspension ??

Thanks Chris, yeah that's fair, but I don't like OTT, so it was either silver or anthracite, I don't like black wheels personally as they just look like black discs from any sort of distance, and I like the contrast with the black bits on the car.

I had an F1 before this, hated the harshness of the cup springs and dampers, I can drive much quicker on country roads than the cup stuff, also Eibach springs were made to couple the non-cup dampers, I wanted a subtle useable drop but with comfort still, fits all the boxes.

Working previously in suspensoon design shows that stiffer is not always better (well that's what I tell the missus....she doesn't agree), it should have enough movement to allow control, on a flat track cup suspension is probably great, but I'm hardly even on a flat surface lol

how do you find the ride comfort now??
good progress..always nice to refresh some of the old parts...

Seems good Pav, a little bit firmer, but still tolerable, feels so much better with new dampers now though, that passenger one was so goosed, I could push it down with 1 finger haha.

Reactions: Pav and Beany
So I went to Lancaster to visit our friend and stay, managed to also sell my Milltek exhaust (guy was from Sunderland so met me there).
We went to Trafford Centre rabdomly (@Pav 's territory lol)

Amazing weather, got a couple of quick snaps, springs will still settle a little kore, but happy with the height for now.

cpiS33L.jpg

HpkPOVe.jpg

XfoMb9L.jpg

Looking good in the sun .. does look likes it’s settled well!

Colour coded sprint spoiler or something gloss black / same colour as alloys?

Reactions: suj
Looking good, sporty, subtle and clean!
Wheels look good in that colour. I used to be a massive fan of gloss black alloy until I did 3 sets of my own. Anymore I do in the future will be anthracite.

Reactions: suj and Pav
Mate that's looking brilliant now. Really like it, sitting nice. Doesn't shout about what it is and that's what I like about these cars, very subtle. Spoiler next for sure, that's on my list.

Reactions: Pav and suj
Very nice mate - I wasn’t too sure on the the wheel colour at first, but now I get it.
Suspension setup is the same as I had on my Mk3 and really couldn’t fault it, definitely not crashy and gives the right amount of arch gap.

looks great..you should have let me know..was there today too..

Sorry it was literally a last min thing, the girls wanted to go clothes shopping for dresses, and I wanted ice cream and watch Infinity War haha :smiley:

That looks great [emoji41]

Spoiler time [emoji119]
Looking good in the sun .. does look likes it’s settled well!

Colour coded sprint spoiler or something gloss black / same colour as alloys?

Haha yeah it is on the books, but I want to make sure all the mechanicals are all up to par, which is nearly up to what I want, so then I can do stuff like that :smiley:

I think I see this car some mornings on the Stratford road near sytner BMW?

I don't go down Stratford Road in the mornings, some evenings I do when I get off at Shirley exit and drive to gym in Shirley.

Looking good, sporty, subtle and clean!
Wheels look good in that colour. I used to be a massive fan of gloss black alloy until I did 3 sets of my own. Anymore I do in the future will be anthracite.

Thanks Tom, yeah why I like Anthracite as it gives the darkness to add contrast, but then can still see the spoke design.

Mate that's looking brilliant now. Really like it, sitting nice. Doesn't shout about what it is and that's what I like about these cars, very subtle. Spoiler next for sure, that's on my list.

Thanks Ben, yeah spoiler for sure, still don't think I like the cup spoiler, with the full aero kit it looks ok, but still not great (well to me), so pointing more towards the Sprint Spoiler (I actually like the GT spoiler too, but I heard you need the whole boot).

Very nice mate - I wasn’t too sure on the the wheel colour at first, but now I get it.
Suspension setup is the same as I had on my Mk3 and really couldn’t fault it, definitely not crashy and gives the right amount of arch gap.

Thanks Micah, loads of people said that to me haha, it just flows well IMO.
Yeah really liking the Eibachs, with non-cup springs they just drive brilliantly.

Reactions: Pav and Micah
Looking GREAT Suj!

Amazing what a huge difference a few mm here and there make to the overall look isn't it?

And I think the wheels look great in that colour. Agree with your flow remark!

more reasons to give me a shout :tearsofjoy:
us talking cars and the girls clothes shopping..can't beat that t4614.gif

So a crappy update, don't worry nothing major just flipping annoying!

So the other day driving home from the gym just cruising in this lovely weather, some absolute knobhead of an oxygen thief was going the opposite direction and seen me coming but tried to overtake a cyclist forcing me to swerve over, there was a dropped curb so my front wheel got away fine, but my rear clipped the tapering down part of the curb, I was flipping livid, i'm glad the guy didn't stop as I would have went mental at him (I don't like pigeon holing, but it was one of those idiots in a MK1 Fabia VRS chavs).

pVAV0FT.jpg

So I will be dropping off the other set of Speedlines to get refurbed, so then I will get tyre swapped over on this, then get this refurbed, ballache :worried:

Then if that wasn't enough, I came out to notice the front of my car....someone has hit my numberplate, I have metal pressed plates, it is badly dented, but apart from that it seems ok (no damage to bumper) but another flipping annoyance, "it never rain, it pours" comes to mind!

Also I thought my ABS woes were gone, but they are back, it is the ABS ring, so I got one off ebay so it will be swapped over before my MOT, hopefully this cures it (sods law, just before MOT).

Bloody hell Suj mate. Why can't people fookin drive properly??? Why can't people care about the property of others??? Why are cars always a pain in the arse???

Sorry mate. At least it's Friday eh?

sucks this mate..i mean i can let my ponies off from time to time but I always make sure there arent any obstacles and certainly dont overtake!!
sorry to see your freshly done alloys curbed..