Corsa VXR Recaros fitted

Sounds good! I'm having mine done at Edge automotive over the summer, not cheap though :bounce1:

Cool is that a full seat retrim then? What kinda prices are you looking at if you don't mind me asking? I've not actually priced it up, it just seemed a nice idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trickiest bit was figuring out the wiring. First of all, as the seats had come from a vauxhall, all the connectors were different so they needed to be replaced with renault ones. Then resistors had to be added in place of the missing airbags, and the recaro airbag had to be soldered in. These seats also had pretensioners but the standard seats don't so i just left those unconnected.
Hi,

Could you post any more information on this please - do you think the airbags from the Corsa seats will actually work with the Clio ECU?

I'm in the middle of fitting these to a pair of cars (BMW Z4 & Megane 2) and was planning on leaving the airbag disconnected and using the original cars' seatbelt pretensioner. I wouldn't of expected these parts to be cross-compatible (i know the plugs are different obviously).

Hi,

Could you post any more information on this please - do you think the airbags from the Corsa seats will actually work with the Clio ECU?

I'm in the middle of fitting these to a pair of cars (BMW Z4 & Megane 2) and was planning on leaving the airbag disconnected and using the original cars' seatbelt pretensioner. I wouldn't of expected these parts to be cross-compatible (i know the plugs are different obviously).

Yes, the airbags are the same on the VXR seat as on the Clio ones. The car only sees the airbags as a certain resistance as far as I know, so I just wired them up as normal and I had zero faults on the dash. Same goes for pretensioners, belt sensor, position sensor etc. For the Clio at least, I'm not sure if the same would apply for the BMW

Yes, the airbags are the same on the VXR seat as on the Clio ones. The car only sees the airbags as a certain resistance as far as I know, so I just wired them up as normal and I had zero faults on the dash. Same goes for pretensioners, belt sensor, position sensor etc. For the Clio at least, I'm not sure if the same would apply for the BMW
Ok, I'll give it a go.

Did you have to sus out the polarity or not? I can't imagine it'd matter.

I know it’s an old thread but has anyone any info on how to do this? Looking at fitting a pair into my Clio 4 (I’m sure they are the same as a 3) and any help would be appreciated.

I know it’s an old thread but has anyone any info on how to do this? Looking at fitting a pair into my Clio 4 (I’m sure they are the same as a 3) and any help would be appreciated.

Pretty much all the info is in the first post?

Hi
Just to refresh this post. If anyone is looking for VXR Recaros, please let me know. I can get as many sets as you want :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions