Cups first wash and wax after getting sprayed

Myself and my mini petrol head of a son have just gave the cup its fist wash and wax after being sprayed yesterday. I must say its so much more fun again detailing the car now that i dont have to look at those fudging key marks, Even managed to get some help from the wee man

Attachments

• photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 64
  • photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 59
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 68
  • photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 51
  • photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 37
Thought you was suppose to let the paint set for two weeks before you start washing it?

wont have done any damage to it though will i. the guy at the workshope took a machine polisher to it yeasterday after it had dryed so surely it must be ok

That's what I thought as well? Something to do with paint being soft.

Although it was a while ago, I remember being told something about leaving the paint for two weeks aswell on Suki Saxo when she was done. HOWEVER, the guy who fixed the deer marks on the 197 last year had the car fully valeted and washed the day after he'd finished her!

Although it was a while ago, I remember being told something about leaving the paint for two weeks aswell on Suki Saxo when she was done. HOWEVER, the guy who fixed the deer marks on the 197 last year had the car fully valeted and washed the day after he'd finished her!

thank god for that i was worried there

I would say if you was carefull cleaning, it shouldnt be a problem. I think its more for general joe public, has most people are heavy handed and dont have a clue and could serious damage the paint if still soft. Thats probably why mike guy washed the day after because he knew what he was doing.

I would say if you was carefull cleaning, it shouldnt be a problem. I think its more for general joe public, has most people are heavy handed and dont have a clue and could serious damage the paint if still soft. Thats probably why mike guy washed the day after because he knew what he was doing.

yea thats probably true not to worry then as i was as carefull as always. Its great having her back to her best so it is

They machine polish while its still soft i assume so its easier to buff up, but you would surprised how soft its still is. I felt the paint on my spoiler with my nail (not marking obviously)

I hope you washed it with a sponge? And fairy liquid, and blasted the hell out of it with a pressure washer :w00t: :w00t:

Looks good mate.

I think it depend on how the paint was cured, if it was baked and not air dried then no problem.

However its more the waxing than washing that should be avoided so I have been told, something to the with the solvents in the paint evaporating and if waxed it stops this from happening.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&t=213501

just read that mate i think im gonna go back out and wash the car to remove the wax

Not sure washing alone will remove the wax, might be worth giving Russ a PM and see what his advice is. I'm sure it will be fine just make sure you keep the car clean.

Not sure washing alone will remove the wax, might be worth giving Russ a PM and see what his advice is. I'm sure it will be fine just make sure you keep the car clean.

there r a few members called russ do u know exactly what one mate so i can PM him cheers

i used to work in a bodyshop and used to wash cars that were less than 2 hours out the oven, the only real worrt you have is if the paint hasn't been "baked" if it's just been sprayed then yes wait a while but putting it in a oven hardens the paint

i used to work in a bodyshop and used to wash cars that were less than 2 hours out the oven, the only real worrt you have is if the paint hasn't been "baked" if it's just been sprayed then yes wait a while but putting it in a oven hardens the paint

well i kno it was put in an oven thats a defo