Custom Clio 197 front bumper

Hello all, my name is Richie

So this is my Custom front bumper project that i set myself after finishing Uni.

I studied a Transportation Design Course at Northumbria University

I created the custom bumper from a crash damaged Clio 197 bumper and by using a hard modelling tec (filler, bridging paste, etc).

Once I created the design pattern/plug, it was ready to take a fibre glass casting off it.

Next I made a part from fibre glass and with a bit of attention, it was off to paint.

Hope you like it.

Thanks go to : without these guys this project wouldn't have been possible

XenophyaDesign
Grosvenor Coachworks
Ambientlife

_A3S1814-2_zps76efeccf.jpg

R11_zpseee3361d.jpg

R22_zps36b3f147.jpg

R3_zps5fe257f7.jpg

R4_zps7ca34464.jpg

_A3S1861_zps4db68ede.jpg

looks quality work and a good tool to show case your skills

as for the actual look of the bumper not so sure on it to be honest

cheers dude

yeah it's not gonna be everyones cup of tea.

The clio 197 front bumper is such a nice shape to start with, its hard to better perfection :tongue_smilie:

Whatever people say about the design you can't discount the effort and Sterling work that's gone into this. Very professional and looks fantastic quality so well done :thumbsup:

Cheers all for the coments

Jimpy9: yeah, I see what you mean. Wanted to keep it in the Renault family. Took inspiration from the 200 (obviously), phase one clio and the Wind.
New 1.6 turbo sport designs weren’t out when I was doing the styling but I like the way they mimicked the 200 air splitter too.

Fernandez: Fibre glass is amazingly light, way lighter than the original (even though it doesn’t have the fogs in.. pretty sure they don’t weight that much). Would love to see a Carbon Fibre version one day..

Ryan1992: yeah cheers, well pleased with it. first attempt at fibre glass, had its issues.. (felt like I ran into one every day i was at it.. lol)

Very professional and your car looks amazing, why haven't we seen this car more on the site haha. Is that a sprint spoiler too? I want to see pictures of the rear of your car. Nimbus :cloud9:

Not a huge fan of the bumper, looks like a 200 with a smaller blade. But can't fault the work that's gone into it, nicely done. :smile:

Like you say, the 197 is a good looking car to begin with so you had a hard task there anyway.

Cheers for all the messages guys, much appreciated.

Deaks: Cheers, will add some more pictures of the different stuff I got on the car in a day or so. The spoiler is the Renault sprint spoiler, not the K-tec racing one.. (wish I had bought that one looks more integrated in my opinion). All fairly normal upgrade apart from a set of furious Recaro’s on a set of custom brackets that sit the seats really low.

Simoxmino: My cars got an ITG Maxogen induction kit on it, but only got it halfway through the project, so it was considered (The ITG sound is incredible).
I gave the car a good shake down before taking it to paint. Worked perfect after hard driving and then hitting traffic. Grill volume was taken from the 200, so I'm sure it’s fine.

Will try and photograph it from under bonnet tomorrow to show.

Last edited: