Damaged B pillar

Hey.

New to this forum in the sence of making a post but I am pretty sure I have read everything available on here about the 197.

I recently purchased myself my first 197 after wanting one for the longest time. Un fortunately someone in a Mercedes decided to reverse into me.

The Mercedes has taken full responsibility for the accident so her insurance will pay for the repair. My one concern is that the damaged area is right behind the B pillar.

I am just looking for some input from anyone who has been hit in a similar a area or works is body repair so that when I I go take it for the evaluation and quote and that they don't bull shit me since I know it's a pretty inportant area.

I am a motorcycle engineer by trade so I understand the mechanic side of things very well so hit me with as much detail as possible.

Thanks in advance

received_519126798556429_zpsm87y3oxu.jpg

received_533830903706404_zpst062fsnf.jpg

That will pull so far of filling if you want to. Or could shove a rear quarter on i work in a ARC and seen quarters put on for far less and worse filled lol so not easy work by any means but its not a bastard job to have a quarter fitted
Hope this helps

Push/pull it out, massage gently with a dolly and hammer and that will return to pretty much its old shape, fill and paint, not a massive job and not complex at all, if it’s insurance why are you bothered? As long as the finished repair looks good and is straight there’s nowt to worry about? What exactly do you think they are gonna lie about as it’s pretty straight forward?

Reactions: silverclio4410