Detailing Help

So my problem is i live in a loft conversion apartment thingy and I have no possible way of being able to use a pressure washer at home so what I was wondering if anyone could recommend some absolute quality products for a waterless wash for my 200 RS the standard of finish I'm kind of looking for is like a show and shine sort of finish that you see at the car events

Thanks

Detailer's will not advise any sort of waterless washing (i would expect) as you risk scratching/swirling your car due to the lack of lubrication etc etc....

I tend to wash my car 'properly' at all times with snow, foam, 3 bucket method etc but in the in between times or winter i would do the following as a bare minimum which may be an option for you.

1. Throw a bucket, some shampoo and a 2 wash mitts (old one for the wheels), traffic film remover/citrus pre-wash in the boot of the motor
2. Find a nearby garage with a pay as you go jet wash machine.
3. Spray on a traffic film remover and leave a few mins while you get the bucket etc out
4. Power hose the car to remove any loose dust/dirt
5. Spray the soap on and let it sit a few mins
6. While the soap is dwelling on the car put some shampoo into the bucket and fill with the pressure washer and work into your clean wash mitt (this will get you plenty of suds)
7. wash the wheels with the spare older mitt/sponge. NEVER PUT THIS MITT NEAR YOUR BUCKET OR PAINT
7. Rinse the car throughly (you could go ahead and start with the washing now but i like to rinse then apply another level of soap before actually hand washing
8. wash the car with the mitt. I usually power hose the mitt after every few wipes (in straight lines) before dumping into the bucket again
9. rinse the car throughly and put all your gear away

Additional steps..
10. Bring a quick detailer or product with a drying aid with you and a quality clean drying cloth
11. squirt a few light mists of quick detailer onto the panel and either lay the towel down and tap dry or use very long and straight motions with little to no pressure at all on the cloth. Repeat for the whole car.

This seems like a very long and tiring exercise but it literally takes me about 10 mins, only costs about £4 on the machine and is probably the safest way i've used to give a good quick wash with minimal risk of scratching.

Must state that i usually do wash my car by hand at home but i have used this method many of times, especially the last few months with the weather being so bad

Reactions: Sean197
Have a look at the Detailing World forum. There are options.

Look up ONR (Optimum No Rinse) and that should help. My product knowledge is pretty outdated so things may have moved on a lot since then. But yes, it's possible.

Good luck.

Similar Thread Suggestions