Eibach Pro Street S Coilover Review

fezza555

Paid Member
Decided to purchase the new Eibach Pro Street S coilover kit for my Clio 200 from Jade Develoments in Barwell Leicester, it appears I am one of the first to have this kit fitted so wanted to give a small write up on my thoughts.

First off Sean at Jade Developments is a very knowledgeable guy and gave me a great price for the kit and fitting. Previously I had the H&R springs fitted with the "non cup" dampers. The ride was very crashy and at times rather frustrating. A broken B road and the rear would bounce around and at times be quite unpleasent, to the point where going over a poor surface you would brace yourself for the impact lol. Sounds a bit over the top but afterall it is a road car for me so it really isn't ideal for daily driving. Despite this the H&R looked great and there was zero body roll.

I was hoping for a marked improvement in compliance, similar stance and improvements in the vehicle dynamics. This kit has done exactly what I had hoped, it is bloody brilliant in my opinion. It's just so good over the bumps and lets face it we rarely have smooth roads these days so that is just what you need. It never seems to get unsettled giving you alot more confidence, just deals with any road imperfections with minimal fuss.

Had a chance on some backroads to push on a bit and the kit really just enhances the driving experience. From the short amount of use so far it does not roll at all certainly for road use just puts a bloody great big grin on your face. Just one more note I had my Dad in the car going to Goodwood, he commented straight away and said bloody hell what a difference, far superior to the setup before and agreed it was money very well spent.

Hope I haven't bored you too much, what I would say is if your looking for a road coilover kit this has to be one of your choices.

43428945991_028c134008_z.jpg
[URL='https://flic.kr/p/27MHrak']42524159705_cb1fbc9bf5_z.jpg

28558863847_75f885cf4a_z.jpg

41620654850_f9885ab3a9_z.jpg

43380884822_4a10123fae_z.jpg[/url]

Great write up. I’m sure many people will have their eye on this kit in future months.
Just out of interest does it have any adjustability?

Great write up. I’m sure many people will have their eye on this kit in future months.
Just out of interest does it have any adjustability?

Hi mate, the height adjustment is 20-50mm. It has fixed rate dampers with progressively wound springs on the back and race springs on the front. They are developing a race spring for the rear so it can be swapped out to suit what you are looking for I believe.

Reactions: Big Ben
I ended up going for Gazgolds as they’re a complete coilover on the rear. Personal choice. Glad you’re happy with yours. Car sits great
I hadn't realised they did a complete Coilover on the backs, the Gaz golds look very smart. How much of the time is yours used on track? Thanks, yer really chuffed! I was a bit nervous driving up there knowing how much I was about to spend but fully worth the money.

Reactions: Big Ben
is yours an early 200 or a later model? just curious if eibach do them for both.

I hadn't realised they did a complete Coilover on the backs, the Gaz golds look very smart. How much of the time is yours used on track? Thanks, yer really chuffed! I was a bit nervous driving up there knowing how much I was about to spend but fully worth the money.
It’s a weekend toy and I’ve been doing 5-6 trackdays a year. Not full on track slag. Trying to resist. Such nice cars!

Reactions: fezza555
is yours an early 200 or a later model? just curious if eibach do them for both.

Early 200 I believe, it is a 59 reg. Yes I am sure they do them for both as Sean who sorted the kit asked me to check the top mount so he could get the correct kit.

Reactions: peter
Any idea on how it feels on track? I was talking to Sean and I wanted to figure out if getting adjustable dampening is worth it vs fixed like this kit?

Any idea on how it feels on track? I was talking to Sean and I wanted to figure out if getting adjustable dampening is worth it vs fixed like this kit?
I am sure it would be a good setup for track, but only when you are really pushing on I guess you would find out. Sean mentioned about Eibach developing a race spring for the rear, it currently has a race spring on the front. Could always fit the setup, if you felt it was a bit soft for track use switch out the rear springs for race springs at a later date.

quite why you'd want a softer spring in the rear I don't know, it would normally induce understeer... I presume the race spring would be stiffer which would reduce understeer somewhat with a stiffer front end? you sure it wasn't a race spring for the front which would make more sense...