F1 season 2018 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I saw that on the F1 report on Sky, his car had rubber down the top of the sidepod and across the top of the halo!

Lucky escape I think. Saved by the halo? Looks like it certainly helped.

Still think it's fugly but it's surprising how soon after implementation it seems to have made a difference.

The shots of the car afterwards show the scuffs on the halo. Pretty mad.

Reactions: Sean197
Mercedes have asked the FIA for clarification regarding the turbo and if the oil used for the turbo falls under the oil usage regs, and it does. I think Mercedes knew this, but they suspected that Ferrari were using turbo oil to gain extra bhp, hence all the smoke. I expect Ferrari to be back off the pace for the rest of the season as they can no longer use this loophole. - https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-query-oil-consumption-debate-1040317/

Reactions: ///M
Other news - Nicholas Latifi's (F2 driver) dad has bought a $200million share in McLaren. This is a new low, even from McLaren - Zac Brown, the so-called marketing genius, can't find a title sponsor for one of F1's most successful and well-known teams, so has to sell a seat for $200million. If Latifi gets a seat because of this, McLaren will be well and truly ruined and will have become the new Williams.

Reactions: Micah
Mercedes have asked the FIA for clarification regarding the turbo and if the oil used for the turbo falls under the oil usage regs, and it does. I think Mercedes knew this, but they suspected that Ferrari were using turbo oil to gain extra bhp, hence all the smoke. I except Ferrari to be back off the pace for the rest of the season as they can no longer use this loophole. - https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-query-oil-consumption-debate-1040317/

HA! I sincerely hope so! We all knew there was something very suspect about it. No smoke without fire!

Where does that put Danny Ric and his big bottom lip? :smiley: Behind the Red Bull? :smiley:

As for Latifi, if that pans out how you have just anticipated, that's a really sad state of affairs. $200m is a HUGE sum. They'll definitely be wanting something back for that. And there's only really one thing that could mean. Hardly set the world alight during his career. Can't remember him winning anything!

that's because he never won anything.

EXACTLY. Actually, after typing that, I had a look at his wiki page. He's won exactly twice. Once last year and the one before was many years ago. He's been in F2/GP2 for almost 5 seasons. He's hardly set the world alight. Best championship position of 5th, and that was by far his best. If he ends up in the Mclaren I totally agree with Sean, they're the new Williams...

Sad state of affairs.

Reactions: Micah and peter
I only watched the highlights and blimey there were not even highlights!

So what do we get from this year's Monaco then? The twat has once again proven to be the most consistent driver on the grid - in crashing that is - taking this time the whole thing to a different level, crashing in practice, at the same place he crashed back in 2016. He is definitely learning, 6 out of 6 this year, sweet.

That made me chuckle by the way;
http://crashstappen.com/

The race been boring takes nothing from RIC, he was simply brilliant, good story.

HAM on the radio apparently whinging non stop again, good thing he suggested a different format bless him, exactly what he did when he won...not.

Scary brake failure from the Sauber, superb response from Leclerc even though the nasty outcome was unavoidable.

Best thing of the day had to be Vettel jumping the gun on champagne war surely lol

Reactions: Benno
I only watched the highlights and blimey there were not even highlights!

So what do we get from this year's Monaco then? The twat has once again proven to be the most consistent driver on the grid - in crashing that is - taking this time the whole thing to a different level, crashing in practice, at the same place he crashed back in 2016. He is definitely learning, 6 out of 6 this year, sweet.

That made me chuckle by the way;
http://crashstappen.com/

The race been boring takes nothing from RIC, he was simply brilliant, good story.

HAM on the radio apparently whinging non stop again, good thing he suggested a different format bless him, exactly what he did when he won...not.

Scary brake failure from the Sauber, superb response from Leclerc even though the nasty outcome was unavoidable.

Best thing of the day had to be Vettel jumping the gun on champagne war surely lol

Fell asleep twice during the race, first and probably last time me and my mates will sit down and watch the whole thing start to finish..

To go 48(?) laps with a dead MGU-K and only 6 gears and not only finish but win is absolutely admirable. As much as I think he can be an arrogant prick that was absolutely textbook from him. Can't see him being at Red Bull next season unless they shape up and make a title challenging car.

That website is quality, bookmarked!:tearsofjoy:

Didn't watch the race as I was in Wales. Having MUCH more fun.

Sounds like an absolute bore fest. Everyone running seconds off the pace to conserve the tyres. That's not racing is it?

Whatever, happy with the result all things considered. Can't stand the bloke but I'm glad DR took points away from little Sebby. :smiley:

that 'drinking from a shoe' is so disgusting.

vandoorne finally expressing his discontent of being the clear #2 at mclaren. about time.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vandoorne-alonso-monaco-gp-sacrificed-strategy-1042439/?s=1

The bloke has ZERO class. I agree, totally disgusting. I won't forget him aggressively throwing Natalie Pinkham in a swimming pool while she was pregnant. Low quality behaviour.

As for the Stoff, it's pretty obvious isn't it? Who knows mate, maybe Alonso will clear off at the end of this season and he'll be team leader with Norris as an understudy...

He's certainly better than he's allowed to show right now. Like the guy.

Reactions: peter
As for the Stoff, it's pretty obvious isn't it? Who knows mate, maybe Alonso will clear off at the end of this season and he'll be team leader with Norris as an understudy...

i'd like that. i mean, alonso is a hell of a driver but his influence within mclaren is just big. the team gives the impression they'll do anything to keep him happy. not healthy long term, imo. and norris looks like the real deal ... but then again so did stoffel.

i read a story in a belgian newspaper that mclaren brought two updated front wings to monaco. one for alonso and the other ... also for alonso. the new one doesn't look that different to the old one, but it does flex a bit more and makes the car feel a bit more predictable. don't know if the story is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

Didn't bother with this one, I never do.

every year i tell myself not to watch the race, just qualifying. but come sunday ... can't make myself to switch off the telly. i'm a hopeless case.

Reactions: Sean197 and ///M
Didn't bother with this one, I never do. The podium was decided in quali. Yawn. Outdated race which needs to be either removed from the calendar, or turned into a non points-scoring gala event.

OR, just accept what it is and embrace it and make it a "fastest laps" event where everyone gets a few goes at it. I'd find that a lot more entertaining than the pointless procession we're put through each year. Hell, I've LOVE to see them do a fastest laps event at the Nurburgring.

But yeah, Monaco the race is bobbins but I always watch qualifying, it's one of the highlights of the year for me. Possibly the best indication of speed and the drivers being right on the edge that we have. Love to see them giving it everything on the Saturday. Max and Lewis we're especially fun to watch this year.

But yeah, the race, don't really get why anyone would want to watch that! Bores me to tears every time I give it a go. Not even watched highlights yet, but I will just to see Max being racy and completely loon balls.

Reactions: Sean197 and Beany
i'd like that. i mean, alonso is a hell of a driver but his influence within mclaren is just big. the team gives the impression they'll do anything to keep him happy. not healthy long term, imo. and norris looks like the real deal ... but then again so did stoffel.

i read a story in a belgian newspaper that mclaren brought two updated front wings to monaco. one for alonso and the other ... also for alonso. the new one doesn't look that different to the old one, but it does flex a bit more and makes the car feel a bit more predictable. don't know if the story is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

Bloody hell Peter. If that's true about the wing that's properly demoralising for Stoffel. Alonso is like this wherever he goes. Incredible driver, amazing to watch and as skilful as any driver I remember seeing, but he always feels like a fly in the ointment.

If he goes, Norris / Vandoorne at McLaren would be very fun to watch.

He is. His arrogance is simply unreal, who on earth does he think he is? Headbutting someone if they ask a question about crashing? Please kid...back to your box.

I still can't comprehend how Red Bull tolerates such approach. He is quick but his racecraft is pants. He's got half points than his teammate and the whole planet calls his crashtappen. For a reason.

I do hope he doesn't ruin anyone's race tomorrow. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions