Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Michael Schumacher

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Fernando Alonso

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
It's really hard to say who is the best because cars have changed so much over the years, but growing up the 2 drivers I always wanted to win was Mansell in the Williams and then Senna in the Mclaren, who is best I don't no but if I could pay to watch anyone race again it would be those 2

i would have have loved to have seen Senna take on a young Schumacher but that battle was over before it really started.

Of the drives now Alonso Kimi Hamilton and Vetel are head and shoulders above the rest, who are for me rich kids with little talent.

Of the list that's there, for me it was between:-

Alonso
Senna
Stewart

I gave it to Senna purely for his wet weather abilities. Which for me is one of the best tests of any drivers mettle. Stewart is a total legend, and the sport owes him a lot (as do its current crop of drivers). Alonso is a fantastic driver, arguably the best driver on the current grid (though for balls out driving Hamilton has him pegged, and Kimi has him matched on race-craft), though I sometimes question his ability to get comfortable in a car and in a team (Mclaren, Ferrari) and it belies his real driving talent.

Senna was an inspiring driver, he left nothing on the track and that is the defining factor of all great drivers IMO. You only have to look around the grid and see how he inspired the current crop of drivers to see what sort of effect he had on the sport and I don't think you can ignore that when the question is "the greatest ever".

Just my 2p though :smile:

Come on guys John Surtees F1 And 500cc bike World champion

This is very true Kev. You would get this now. Rossi maybe but think that dreams gone now.

I think the reality is that Senna, like Hamilton raced! He may not have had the best car but he gave it his all and his race craft and belief that he couldn't get hurt made him incredible.

Similar Thread Suggestions