Front bumper respray - how much?

My Nimbus RS197 is 3 years old this week and with 23,000 miles on the clock the front bumper is starting to look a bit shabby...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Has anyone had the bumper removed and resprayed and, if so, what would the approximate cost be? The bumper is not damaged at all but there are hundreds of tiny white 'pin pricks' in the paint and a few bigger chips.

If anyone has had paintwork done, I'd appreciate some recommendations (having had a crash repair totally botched many years ago). I'm in Berkshire by the way...

Thanks

I paid £300 to get the rear bumper resprayed properly, as in old paint stripped off, and then new paint applied and matched perfectly. Excellent work, but you only get what you pay for.

That sounds like good advice! In almost every instance you only ever get what you pay for..... I'll approach a few body shops and see what they recommend.

I viewed a car that had a smart repair to one half of the front bumper...it was comical!! Overspray on the rubber splitter, orange peel and a 'rough' texture to the paint. It was chipped too and yet the original half was OK!! I'll get some quotes from local bodyshops and report back....

i got quoted 300quid to do my rear bumper when i cracked the paint. That was by an insurance and renault approved garage.

I had the rear bumper sprayed on my scooby, only took one day and cost £100. They did an absolutely fantastic job, definately use them again if needed.

What should I look for when deciding on a good bodyshop? I am sure they are not all equal and I'd hate for my car to made worse just for the sake of painting over some stone chips....

I would look for a good local independant Smart repairer, as they will do a better job IMO. They will look for word of mouth business so will take more pride.

yeah I'd try and get references mate, you cant beat actualy seeing the work they've done before :smile:

Last edited: