Harness bar - I've bought one....

Awesome work Litchy and a great price too. I would have had one of these but I have a recently acquired Outlon cage waiting to go into the car

Was going to fit the harnesses at the bottom feet where everyone else does. Or at least where I've seen them before. Would an extra bar be better?

hell yes, plus, people attach them to the seat belt bukle at the back but pretty sure in case of accident, this would snap the seat in half. im sure with a cage you will have enough from for this, and this u would have the harness safely attached

I would say so as full cages have them approximately in line with the holes. I think it's to do with the Recaros not being fixed seats so the stress from the harnesses in a crash can cause them to snap. I've seen quite a few people do it the way you describe though, but I guess you don't know how they'll perform until you've been in a crash...

There was a picture posted with the maximum angles of the harnesses; I'll try and find it.

hell yes, plus, people attach them to the seat belt bukle at the back but pretty sure in case of accident, this would snap the seat in half. im sure with a cage you will have enough from for this, and this u would have the harness safely attached

I would say so as full cages have them approximately in line with the holes. I think it's to do with the Recaros not being fixed seats so the stress from the harnesses in a crash can cause them to snap. I've seen quite a few people do it the way you describe though, but I guess you don't know how they'll perform until you've been in a crash...

There was a picture posted with the maximum angles of the harnesses; I'll try and find it.

Cheers for the picture.. I wonder where they attached the harness in the original Oulton Cars

OT but having had an pluton cage the are rubbish only good if you roll it if I had a clio I was willing to cage again I'd invest in a decent well developed rear cage that not only did something but provided a safe way to mount harnesses

I've bought a Meg 250 harness bar like this. Going to try and attempt to fit them tomorrow.....

brace1.jpg

Last edited:
Litchy, I've tried pm'ing you but your inbox is full:

Hi mate sorry for bothering you,

I currently have some bucket seats etc on order and now need to sort out a harness bar. I've just read your thread regarding the harness bar you were getting made as ktec haven't made one. It is the same for the twingo, they posted a photo on facebook a while ago saying available soon but I'm still waiting months and months later!!!

Do you know how much it would be to get one made from the company you found in the same style as this:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4130

Thanks

Mark

Shame this never went through at £250 after reading the post. Keeping back seats and the ability to harness would've been awesome.

any update on this? Im currently in talks with a company about making a rear strut brace so to speak but using the correct steel on it like they do for the rollcages. I know you cant keep rear setas but it may work out cheaper!