HELP NEEDED....Harness mounting for MSA

Wilko33

Paid Member
in need of some help!

I’m looking at entering time attack later in the year and I need to have 4 point harnesses.

As I understand it, the eyelets need to be a minimum 7/16 which means the original holes in the floor are too small at M10.

What have people done previously that has passed scrutineering? Pictures and process would be really helpful.

I have those but regs are very unclear about whether you can use them.

Says ‘if not using original belts and mounts they must be 7/16’. I’m Not using original belts but I am using original mounts so does that count?!

I have those but regs are very unclear about whether you can use them.

Says ‘if not using original belts and mounts they must be 7/16’. I’m Not using original belts but I am using original mounts so does that count?!

I do sprints in Northern Ireland which is under MotorsportUK (I have no idea if the scrutineering is the same for these events and your time attack) and I use M10 eyebolts in the back and for the outside lap belt

7/16” is 11mm. M10 eyelets will be fine

Have you tried contacting the MSA/one of their scrutineers?

7/16” is 11mm. M10 eyelets will be fine

Have you tried contacting the MSA/one of their scrutineers?

Yes i contacted them and they got back to me over the weekend sayig the M10 are fine with original holes but the buckleside of the seat needed a plate welding. All sorted now.... other than the rear towing point wich I am just searching for!

Yes i contacted them and they got back to me over the weekend sayig the M10 are fine with original holes but the buckleside of the seat needed a plate welding. All sorted now.... other than the rear towing point wich I am just searching for!

The rear towing point is located in the same place as the normal Clio's but the bumper doesn't have a removable cover for it. You will have to put a hole through the bumper to access it.

ef0735e42b67982cc129ac00f2a1cf1a.jpg

The rear towing point is located in the same place as the normal Clio's but the bumper doesn't have a removable cover for it. You will have to put a hole through the bumper to access it.

Thank you that is really helpful. I have tried to search through threads and thought i had seen it somewhere and couldnt find it again. Can you see the mounting point if you take the diffuser off or do you have to remove the bumper too?

Thank you that is really helpful. I have tried to search through threads and thought i had seen it somewhere and couldnt find it again. Can you see the mounting point if you take the diffuser off or do you have to remove the bumper too?
It's a bumper off job ideally, you could probably get away with locating it with just the diffuser off.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk