Help! When did the suspension change??

When did the suspension change on the 200's? I'm going to be ordering h&r springs soon and there are 2 different types for the earlier and then revised suspension after 2010.

Mine is a 10 plate so does that mean I should buy the later ones?

never has imo.

surly you just buy for the 200, there may be a cup version but no revision.

Note space for humble pie ^^^^^^^

There was a revision to the top mounts, should only apply to full shocks though.

It was registered on the 29/04/2010 meaning I would go for the earlier ones yeah?

Would the 197 ones also fit too seeing as I have earlier top mounts?

Would the 197 ones also fit too seeing as I have earlier top mounts?

Reg' date means nothing, it's build date that determines it.

If you have the earlier top mounts then they're the same as 197 yeah. :thumbsup:

There's some photos on here that Simo put up, the older top mount has a large circle opening in the centre of the turret whereas the newer top mount only has a very small hole in the top of the turret. Have a search around for Top Mount and I'm sure it'll fire some threads up with photos in as I know I've definitely seen comparrison photos on here in the past.

So I'll be able to tell by opening the bonnet then?

Anyone take a photo of theirs if they have a 197? :tongueout:

On second thought, I'll ring Renault. They will know :smile:

I wouldn't bank on the dealership being able to help mate!!! :smiley:

Yeah, if you take the plastic cover off the scuttle then you'll be able to tell in an instant. I'll try find the photos...

so how does this affect springs though?

They haven't changed have they?

I don't think the fitment of springs has changed, but I can't be certain as I've not had a 200 in bits to compare.

Thats why i'm wondering why alexrogers has to choose springs between pre and post change?

shocks are different, springs are different. dont know how or why, but there are members on here that tired fitting the older type springs/coilovers and didnt fit.

Isn't the top of the spring a tighter/different coil.

All I know is they are not interchangeable. So get the right one for your year otherwise they won't fit.

Yup, best way is to check under the scuttle panel. However as a 'general' rule if it has the 'RS' badging its usually the newer suspension.