Hybrid Megane trophy

I should do suspension next but ill see how the cup and H&R copes. Its my daily commute so thats what holds me back.
I know yours is a Megane & mine is a Clio but I feel for a road car that does a few track days a year springs & Cup shocks are fine. That might be because I don't have the confidence to set up multi-adjustable suspension though! I think there's a lot of potential to cock it up & also I think I prefer to drive a car that's on compromised settings than to spend most of a track day finding the right settings only to have to go through the same at another track or in different conditions at the same track.

How was your suspension at Bedford James? Don’t remember you complaining.
Youre in Renaults flagship sport model. Doubt the setup is at all bad.
If your parts were old and tired then maybe worth the change...

Reactions: Benno
How was your suspension at Bedford James? Don’t remember you complaining.
Youre in Renaults flagship sport model. Doubt the setup is at all bad.
If your parts were old and tired then maybe worth the change...
It was brilliant!
But that would be the only thing that would be left to change if needs be, which i doubt will be done.

Little update;
car is now booked in at RST in leeds for her map on the 1st of march.
So the hybrid business is definitely going ahead.
Next friday New disks and rear pads being fitted with the quick shifter.
hopefully get the tyres fitted to my Evo corse wheels and get some pics of them on the car!
thanks for looking :smile:

Little update;
car is now booked in at RST in leeds for her map on the 1st of march.
So the hybrid business is definitely going ahead.
Next friday New disks and rear pads being fitted with the quick shifter.
hopefully get the tyres fitted to my Evo corse wheels and get some pics of them on the car!
thanks for looking :smile:
Making life very hard for me James

Reactions: jamesgw200
so fitted the new rear disks and ferodo 2500 to the rear. Im convinced the oem rear pads overheated the rear disks at bedford. so fingers crossed these work better!
Quick shifter was also fitted, which was apparently an arsehole to say the least. Thankfully i didnt attempt it myself! The mechanic who fitted it said he didn't feel any real difference which got me a little worried but as soon as i slotted it into first gear i could clearly feel a shortened throw with a really precise notch feeling. after a few days of driving ive really fallen in love, The oem gear shift was far from shabby but this has made everything that little more precise with a satisfying feeling that you're in the gear you have just launched into! I am a strong believer this will make the car easier to handle with less coasting time.
Stud nut conversion was also done which i think looks pretty cool but i know some people wont like it, but with the red Evo corse alloys i think it will look the business. 38420479210_3daf1d30ed_k.jpgIMG-20180124-WA0020[1] by james simpson, on Flickr
Hopefully these Tyres will be wrapped soon as they are becoming a pain in the arse!
40198256672_31202f99d9_k.jpgIMG-20180128-WA0001 by james simpson, on Flickr

i also apologise for the quick shift photo as its sat right next to crown jewels :excited:

Cleaned the car at the weekend ready for the turbo work and trip to leeds.
few stories of megane engines blowing up has me worried a little but seems to be very random running all sorts of power and some standard to i may look into forging it later on down the line just to cover my arse.
38553866410_ac7f7477f0_k.jpgIMG_20180218_165456_364 by james simpson, on Flickr