iPhone 4s push to email - gmail trouble

don't use it but google says

The iPhone has push email, but it's pot luck as to whether or not your email server actually supports it. If it doesn't, chances are you've resorted to the battery and data-draining "check every 15 minutes" option. Well, here's a quick and easy way to hook any account up with push email that lands on your iPhone in seconds.

iCloud
The trick is in using iCloud. "But wait," you shout. "I don't want to use iCloud! I want to carry on with the email address I've had for 15 years, that everyone knows!"

And the beauty of it is that you can. So...

1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap the "iCloud" button.
2. Sign in using your Apple ID.
3. Slide the "Mail" switch to "ON."

If this is your first time using iCloud's mail sync, you'll be guided through a process to set up an "@me.com" address. You need this address, so don't skip this part. However, you won't ever have to give it to anyone, so don't worry if your name is already taken and the address is a bit obscure. It's for your use only, so anything will do. If you already have an "@me.com" address, get it ready for the next bit.

4. Go to your email server and set up a forwarding service that copies all your incoming email to your new "whatever@me.com" address.

This could require a little research as each one is different, but most every email server supports forwarding, including Gmail, Yahoo! and Mail.com. If you use your own hosting and have access to cPanel, use the "Forwarder" option in the "Mail" section.

NOTE: A forwarder doesn't affect your existing email account. That carries on working as normal, so don't worry about forwarding message on to another account. What happens now is that you'll effectively get a second copy of your email coming through to your "@me.com" email address. It's this copy of the email that Apple will happily and speedily push to your iPhone.

5. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone again and tap the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" button.
6. Tap the "Fetch New Data" button and slide the "Push" switch to "On." Leave "Manually" ticked for you non-push email accounts.
7. Tap the "Advanced" button to apply specific options to individual email accounts. For example, if you've a Gmail account already set up, switch that one to "Manual," and set iCloud to "Push."

Now, whenever you get a new message on your existing, non-push email, it's immediately forwarded to your new "@me.com" address and pushed to your iPhone.

As far as everyone else is concerned, you're still using your existing email address. You just don't need to crack open your iPhone as often to fetch your mail.

Gonna order iphone5's now for work, then when next one comes out in august that can be personal phone lol

If your phone is set up for your @me account then surely all forwards/replies done I'm your phone will come from your @me account.

I'd check that first Andy unless your happy for all your responses to come from your @me account.

F*cking Apple trying to get everyone over to iCloud so they can cash in on people who go over their usage limits :swear:

Get a decent android if you want flawless syncing with google :smile:

It's more about our CCTV and vehicle tracking mate, iPhone is by far the best we've tried for doing both. We currently have blackberries and total pants other than email. Tried loadsa samsungs in various forms and non handle the tracking like my iPhone 4S can. Plus using iPads more for work and they work with iPhones, apple kinda has ya once you have one or two devices. But I've not had any problems touch wood with my collection of apple toys except they don't like one apple id running 6 devices :s

Similar Thread Suggestions