is a single decat worth it!?

Hi everyone,
Im am new to this forum, I have checked it out plenty of times for ideas for my currently standard 197 so thought I best sign up and say hi to you all.

Currently my 197 is standard, I want a bit more grunt out of it and a better sound. I have read that induction kits are not ideal and you lose power, the exhaust (miltek etc) are quite expensive for a little gain in bhp so was told a decat and remap would be better, what does everyone think?

I dont do a million miles a week but do enough to not want to turn my 197 into a petrol loving bank raping monster!

any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

DannyBoy

I had mine decatted and remapped, decat was far too loud for my liking when you open it up. I put the cat back in, and replaced it with a cat back system. Dont get me wrong, it sounds nice with a decat, but if your doing lots of miles it can get quite annoying. although now I have secured a job locally, I may opt for my decat pipe to be fitted once again, as it does sound like a rally S£ag.

fewwww.... after all that... welcome buddy

Welcome to the club matey!

You'll probably get more answers if you post your question in the relevant section below.

All the best!

I really like that term, think I'll use then when people ask me what I drive :thumbup1:

Welcome to the site.

+1. :smiley:

Sports Cat will be better but obviously they're more costly. A lot more costly.

Decat's do sound bloody nice though. Expect a loss of torque for a marginal increase in power if you go decat, as standard with NA engines.

I've decatted mine with a rempa and lost 4mpg :worried:

Its vital you get the remap with the decat or the flatspot will probaly make the car slower.

I've decatted mine with a rempa and lost 4mpg :worried:

Its vital you get the remap with the decat or the flatspot will probaly make the car slower.

thats them overfueling the engine mate smells gurrrrrrd :smile: