Lewis's RB Clio 197

money pits they are for sure..however,they do put a smile on your face...
You're not wrong! I absolutely love the car

Ordered some motul RBF600 last night and paid for a Laguna gear knob today so more parts on the way! [emoji2957]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pav
Laguna gear knob arrived today! So when I finish work tonight I will be giving fitting a go, will report back when I've got a broken nose and a black eyebe31bf10b930617d986eaa1dad0aaf50.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Benno
Quality of this picture was ruined. But happy to report I got the new gearknob on without any injuries. Looks so much better and feels nicer too!

My only thing with it, is it's a little too low. So maybe need to devise a way to lift the shifter up a bit perhaps and it'd be perfect2ed602335379e3c91164ceef5c040dd4.jpg

One way to lift it is to install a Cae :smile: will work wonders

hahaha! If i had the money for one of them i wouldn't have a crunchy 3rd gear. I would love one though!

When i had the C2 trackspec used to sell gearshift risers, everyone who had them liked them. I just wonder if there's a way of doing it on the clio. Somebody actually did do it on this forum too, but had to cut a whole in his firewall/bulkhead whatever you wanna call it for the cables, i don't really wanna do that as i'd probably mess it up ahaha

Reactions: Beany
So

Update:

Stud conversion complete.

Spacers all sorted all the way around.

Braided lines installed and brakes bled (mostly) [emoji23]

So when installing the braided lines. (I got the 6 line kit but didn't feel confident enough to do the very last two to the rear caliper) one of the ones on the rear axle had a rounded nut (super annoying.) So only one of them got done. (So at the moment I've three braided lines...)

Then when bleeding. The osr caliper bleed nipple was also rounded before starting so I wasn't able to do that. Brakes are fine and still work but they're not a whole lot better than before. Still soft, but when they grab they grab better if that makes sense!? The old fluid was black. Disgusting.

Going to pick up some new bleed nipples and go round again. Try and get the other line done too. No pics of the lines unfortunately.6eb8b5b968bd9b9ff1b5cc5a2f3bb7a4.jpgd344eda6f201cb8f34795af23d70c663.jpge4e469de6befc46654c9660b0cbe6811.jpg

Got a bit bored today, so decided to spray the vent surrounds gloss black! Far from perfect I won't lie. But it looks a lot better than the flat plastic imo 6f868109c2b6307fa1aa745f3cd78455.jpgf68dd99535b8806499b906d4da13d075.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Beany
Do yourself a favour and get the box done. My favourite day owning the clio was driving it away from Rentune with a smooth gearbox. Best drive home ever!

Reactions: lewishunter98
Do yourself a favour and get the box done. My favourite day owning the clio was driving it away from Rentune with a smooth gearbox. Best drive home ever!
I have plans to mate! Just getting the money together for it [emoji102]

Reactions: Benno
good going mate..looks much better..hope everything else is ok and ready for the winter..
Cheers! Probably not! [emoji23] Paintwork needs some attention but never find the time to do it haha, just refresh the suspension as there's a problem somewhere especially coming over cambered roads.

But that's soon. And gearbox will hopefully be done December time. Then I can chill for a while [emoji23] Of course I almost definitely won't

Reactions: Pav
Picked up a custom boot mat off the Facebook group and I love it.

Also, I thought the car looked really cool when frosty the other day. So have some pics [emoji23]

Detailed it the other day, clayed, polished, fresh coat of fusso and wax to top it off should see it some protection for a while.

Big changes about to happen also.

Have it booked in for the last 2 brake lines and new bleed nipples along with anti rotation links and drop links to be changed. (I attempted this and one anti rotation link ruined me). Let's just say it would have been easier had, I had proper cutting tools. The nuts would not come off.

Ordering some PBS pads today and this week I may be ordering some coilovers to sort my shock problem83e4d29c6b36ce6b1421bf1cbc7a7a9c.jpg17a1bc60e5035120e93f0a61821354fa.jpg6efde3a949b0fee8a681a5cbf61d14ea.jpg