Lewis's RB Clio 197

Also took the car to view another Clio for a friend today. Got a quick pic of it sitting pretty

Really need to sort the front splitter out as I hate it

And my god is it very firm now.. handles really really well and at higher speeds the steering is so responsive with the added camber30a7ec036761b1776c4985d9377e566d.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Bit of a sore one..

Been driving the car about since the MOT no problem

Done easily 1-200 miles just enjoying it

Fixed the knocking issue

Today when driving it started knocking again but this time VERY loudly, As I was looking for somewhere to pull up the steering went and I was having to turn right to go straight so I pulled up off of the main road and investigated the issue

My top mount nut had completely come off of the shock. Spent about 3 hours at the side of the road trying to get the issue sorted with a socket set and a scissor jack.

Had a mate come out and help me get it going again

Only for it to fail again 6/7 miles later (2 miles from home tops)

Took a look and threads are dead. Completely gone. Which means inevitably another shock rebuild

Managed to limp it for the last bit home anyway and that's where it will rest yet again. Absolutely had enough with the car now. Someone buy me a megane please [emoji846]bedfd6e863d07eb7f4df0a7706086917.jpg8bd0ac3f4b783c38bc7ac09e280a348e.jpg

Reactions: Beany
Bit of a sore one..

Been driving the car about since the MOT no problem

Done easily 1-200 miles just enjoying it

Fixed the knocking issue

Today when driving it started knocking again but this time VERY loudly, As I was looking for somewhere to pull up the steering went and I was having to turn right to go straight so I pulled up off of the main road and investigated the issue

My top mount nut had completely come off of the shock. Spent about 3 hours at the side of the road trying to get the issue sorted with a socket set and a scissor jack.

Had a mate come out and help me get it going again

Only for it to fail again 6/7 miles later (2 miles from home tops)

Took a look and threads are dead. Completely gone. Which means inevitably another shock rebuild

Managed to limp it for the last bit home anyway and that's where it will rest yet again. Absolutely had enough with the car now. Someone buy me a megane please [emoji846]bedfd6e863d07eb7f4df0a7706086917.jpg8bd0ac3f4b783c38bc7ac09e280a348e.jpg

Feels bad going to be another month with the clio off the road, glad you made it home in the end mate.

Feels bad going to be another month with the clio off the road, glad you made it home in the end mate.
Better not be a month [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] The reason it took so long last time was because the machinist was away for a week [emoji854] Thanks though [emoji6]

Reactions: Rated
That’s heart breaking. If I win the euromillions this week I’ll message you about a meg!
Tell me about it! So annoying too as I thought it was all fine and the only thing I had to worry about was my gearbox. But now this has thrown another issue into the mix

Just means I won't be upgrading my brakes for a little longer though.

Reactions: Big Ben
While the car is in the air I did a couple little bits to keep me occupied I guess

Cleaned the arch liner a bit as it wasn't very nice and I doubt it's ever been done. Not 100% but much better. Also did the caliper on the same side, again not 100% but looks better.

It was literally just a quick once over while it was in the air again.
2ebfdfaad4644470404edf0e43647e42.jpg

Also decided to put the rear seats back in. Not sure why, I just felt like doing it. Differences are negligible especially on a road car. Did cut the rear mat though so it actually looks fairly decent

d8a91c1d0cf4914cf6bc056ccfd2eb17.jpg

Oh and a few weeks back I got offered these and I simply could not refuse.

9575be6247cc82ead2867de9709589cc.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben and Beany
While the car is in the air I did a couple little bits to keep me occupied I guess

Cleaned the arch liner a bit as it wasn't very nice and I doubt it's ever been done. Not 100% but much better. Also did the caliper on the same side, again not 100% but looks better.

It was literally just a quick once over while it was in the air again.
View attachment 133085

Also decided to put the rear seats back in. Not sure why, I just felt like doing it. Differences are negligible especially on a road car. Did cut the rear mat though so it actually looks fairly decent

View attachment 133086

Oh and a few weeks back I got offered these and I simply could not refuse.

View attachment 133087

Hahahaha I wondered why that guy went quiet ..... now I know :smile:

Reactions: lewishunter98
Had a fast road geo setup done at regal autosport today. Car feels awesome now.

Still getting some weird noises from the top mounts though which I can't figure out. However, they said that it all seems to be fine and they took it on a couple road Tests and said they didn't actually notice it themselves.

Chris there even said it felt amazing to drive and it was so much fun [emoji23] Pretty cool considering they've got an 800hp huracan! Given everything a bolt check and it's all solid so I can't figure out for the life of me what the noise is I'm getting

Another thing they did mention was obviously where the top mounts are now solid, I'm bound to be getting more noises through the cabin.

cc78fd7d8c6dc6bcc4e8c6f4d1758e09.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Beany
Just changed my gearbox oil, didn't go for redline seeing as though my box is crunchy it'd be a waste. So I went for some Fuchs
stuff4f70ac14cbf256c06f96bf128c4f326e.jpg

I'd heard it was good from most, seen a few people not get on with it. But for £20 I figured it was worth a punt

And it definitely feels smoother through the gears, the box was already pretty smooth but it'd have it's moments before hand. On the test drive I wasn't exactly going easy and upshifting to third is much better! And even downshifting I still have to rev match it so it doesn't crunch (expected) but it's much more forgiving. If I ever didn't get it quite right I'd know about it before even getting into gear that it was going to crunch.

Just so happened to not get it right on the test drive and it didn't crunch again

For £20 and an hour of my time I'd say it was definitely worth it. Can give me a little longer to live with it until I get the funds to get my gearbox replaced

f49509050f14a834afe804b9a3da3368.jpg

And just because I love the car in this photo, I've put it on here too [emoji23]