Looking At Buying A RS200

Discussion in 'New Members' started by hawker22, Nov 27, 2018.

1. hawker22

hawker22 Paid Member

Car:
    dc5
    Evening all my names josh and im based down in portsmouth , Im looking at buying a clio that will be getting used on the daily. Im after a 200 cup preferably with recaro's in.
    A clio cup is one of the cars thats on my list of cars to own as i know how well they handle and how well they are set up. Ive had a few nice cars previously including a mk4 r32 and a dc5. After owning the DC5 i knew i would never get a normal car again lol the clio is perfect for me as it will be for me and the mrs to share. Its mainly for the mrs to get to and from work and after showing her some 200's she was sold so here i am. Anything i should be looking for when buying one ? I've done a little bit of research on them as i do with all my cars that ive owned and don't want to buy a heap. Any advise etc would be amazing

Beany and Sean197 like this.

2. Sean197

Sean197 RIP Albi :( Moderator

Car:
    Albi 197T - RIP, MK7 Golf GTD Sports Wagon
    firstly, welcome to the site!:french:
    Many knowledgeable owners/ex-owners on here, and a thorough buyers guide in our members section. Only £5 per year and you get full access to all how-to guides and the complete classifieds section, including Clios for sale.

hawker22 likes this.
  3. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Car:
    RB 200 cup
    Welcome aboard :french:

Can’t go wrong with a 200 cup.. love mine but just be careful as the pure ones are extremely basic inside!

As above join up and you won’t look back

4. hawker22

hawker22 Paid Member

Car:
    dc5
    We’re not worried about basic to be fair. 3 dials and a radio for the mrs is good enough for me. Thinking about doing a clubsport spec ( if im aloud )

Beany likes this.
  5. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Platinum Member

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    :french:Welcome in! A couple of things to watch are to check that cam belt has been changed if due. Listen for crunching on 3rd & 4th gears as synchros can be a weak point, but it's a bit of a lottery tbh. Worth considering upgrading to Powerflex engine mount bushes as these can save manifold flexis from failing. You'll get a bit of vibration initially after fitting these, but it settles down after 1000 miles or so, after which it's only really present at tick over. Hope you find a goodun & enjoy it!

Jimmy likes this.
  6. Foxspeed

Foxspeed "the new red baron" Moderator

Car:
    ford mustang shadow gt v8
    welcome :french:

7. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Welcome to the forum! Good luck in your search for the right car - take your time and if you need any help or have any questions, just shout!

8. rsevo

rsevo Paid Member

Car:
    Gw rs200 cup
    DEE24437-289E-44C8-8C10-4B03E4707051.jpeg Welcome bud I’m just across water on Isle of Wight, I’m more than happy to pick u up from hovertravel if u like test drive, car is for sale

lewishunter98, nick's and hawker22 like this.
  9. hawker22

hawker22 Paid Member

Car:
    dc5
    Thanks mate i may have to take you up on thats at some point all of the ones we are intrested in our absolutley miles away and haven not driven one yet its going to be a massive gamble for me as ive never owed a french car before

10. lewishunter98

lewishunter98 Paid Member

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    I don't know how that one hasn't sold yet!^ i only wish I'd seen it when I was looking for mine.

I travelled from Southampton to Manchester to view one which I didn't end up buying

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

rsevo likes this.