Looking to go racing with your Clio 197/200 in 2014?

Is anyone is looking to make the jump from trackdays to the Michelin Clio Cup Series - Roadcar class?

If so, we can help. :clap:

Prospective racing drivers eyeing participation in the Michelin Clio Cup Road Series in 2014 now have the perfect tool available to guide them through the stages of converting a Clio Renaultsport 197 to race specification – the launch of a step-by-step video guide from series promoter Grovewood Sport.

With the Michelin Clio Cup Road Series and its sister Michelin Clio Cup Race Series both gaining full championship status from next year, organisers are expecting significantly boosted grids in each tier for the second season of the burgeoning category.

In conjunction with championship partner Monster Sport Europe, an extensive and in-depth video has been created in which MSE’s Nicky Finlayson and Andrew Gardiner take the viewer through each of the processes involved in turning a Clio Renaultsport 197 road car into a genuine racing saloon.

The video can be viewed on You Tube now at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZmYoLswRyw

I'd love to do this in my car but somehow I think a Megane engined Clio will be slighty outside the rules. :worried:

Fast-track to car racing with Clio Cup ARDS test day

Just one more thing to help!

Organisers of the Michelin Clio Cup Road Series are offering to hold a special ‘Clio Cup ARDS Test Day’ at Rockingham in Northamptonshire next Thursday, 5th December, where graduates from karting and motorsport novices will be able to gain their racing licence before testing a competition-ready Clio Renaultsport 197.

Providing the best possible introduction to car racing for karters, complete rookies and trackday enthusiasts who wish to branch out into competitive action, the specially arranged day will feature cars supplied by Monster Sport Europe, SWB Motorsport and Jade Developments.

Priced at £700 plus VAT for the full day, attendees will be taken through their ARDS (Association of Racing Drivers Schools) test during the morning and, on completion, will then be able to sample a race-converted Michelin Clio Cup Road Series car on Rockingham’s National Circuit.

Following a five lap familiarisation of the 1.7-mile infield track, alongside a fully qualified instructor, each participant will embark on a brace of 10 lap runs at the wheel of a Clio Renaultsport 197 fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 road tyres. All drivers must be 16-years-of-age or older.

Teams operating cars during testing in the afternoon will require a fully refundable bond of £2,000 via credit card from each driver, which will be held against any potential damage. In the unfortunate event any damage is caused to one of the Clios, the cost of repair will be taken from the bond.

Bookings for the day are being taken now – either call Will Thomas at Rockingham on 01536 270143 or visit the following link: https://store.rockingham.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=131205

Just one more thing to help!

Organisers of the Michelin Clio Cup Road Series are offering to hold a special ‘Clio Cup ARDS Test Day’ at Rockingham in Northamptonshire next Thursday, 5th December, where graduates from karting and motorsport novices will be able to gain their racing licence before testing a competition-ready Clio Renaultsport 197.

Providing the best possible introduction to car racing for karters, complete rookies and trackday enthusiasts who wish to branch out into competitive action, the specially arranged day will feature cars supplied by Monster Sport Europe, SWB Motorsport and Jade Developments.

Priced at £700 plus VAT for the full day, attendees will be taken through their ARDS (Association of Racing Drivers Schools) test during the morning and, on completion, will then be able to sample a race-converted Michelin Clio Cup Road Series car on Rockingham’s National Circuit.

Forgot to mention...

Anyone who already has got their ARDS licence and wants to arrange a private test in a Clio Cup Roadseries racecar you could call up one of three teams who are taking cars to Rockingham this Thursday and arrange a private test. So Fancy your skills as a Clio Cup driver then?

If so, its time to prove it.

SWB, Jade and Monster – please speak to the teams directly to arrange a test:
Simon (SWB) 07793 110520

Sean (Jade) 07984404837

Andrew (Monster) 07732 425252

I'd love to do this in my car but somehow I think a Megane engined Clio will be slighty outside the rules. :worried:

Swap the engines over - 197 unit for racing, megane unit for road use!!!

Reckon you can change it as quick as I can change the v8 in my Renault?!