Lowering Springs H&R

Hello people,
I have attached a screenshot of H&R springs, could anyone confirm if these are the correct ones? Only because this price is much better than anywhere else I have found.

TIA.

upload_2018-5-26_14-26-28.png

are you going for a lower look or you want to improve handling as well??im not sure which ones you should get but bare in mind that lowering springs may cause some handling issues..not that you should worry to much but its there..

are you going for a lower look or you want to improve handling as well??im not sure which ones you should get but bare in mind that lowering springs may cause some handling issues..not that you should worry to much but its there..

Hi, Mainly for looks if I'm honest. I know H&R springs have a good rep with most of the Clio peeps. Ofc if it were to improve the handling i'd be happy but as I don't do any track days I'm not too bothered.

I'm more concerned that those springs might be wrong only because of the price difference in comparison to other places..

If you have lowered your clio what did you lower it on? Coil'ies?

went fo some Eibach springs first and then Bilstein B14's..depends on what your budget/wallet is like :thumb:

lowered by 20/25 and ride comfort decent..the truth is that after this experience i wouldnt personally go for lowering springs as i couldnt get the best out of its handling..but for everyday driving they were good..

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
29103-1 seem to be the correct ones for the 197. The price seems nothing extraordinary and you'll find a couple of offers at about the same rate.

I've the ones for the 200 but can't say anything in comparison to the standard ones as I've bought mine with them already. The only thing that I can say is that the ride is quite hard but the handling is quite good in my opinion.

Even with my heavy 18" rims. :wink:

PAV: I haven't heard many good reviews about the Eibach springs? And for my preference, they would not lower it enough either. (IMO) According to some, the H&R have better comfort than the Eibach along with dropping it more. But I may look into them more if you say the comfort was not too bad. I know Eibach do a 25/30 drop too. Thank you.

Marsch: Thank you. I did think so but wanted to check! I find the normal ride firm enough, and i came from a slammed mk2 on very cheap ebay springs. So I cannot imagine the H&R Springs would change it too much/ your ride being much different to my own rn. What drop did you get/do you have on yours?

I've heard that the H&R springs are the stiffest ones you can get (compared to Eibach & Co.). It think it's about 30/30 mm.

What were the eibachs like in terms of comfort compared to standard?
I've been tempted to get some for a good while now

Awesome on real World roads IMO. Slightly stiffer / less body roll than stock. And designed around standard shocks. But fairly supple and not crashy either. Love mine.

Can't comment on track...but i suspect they would be to soft for anything semi-serious and people who are doing more than the odd trackday....

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
I got mine from amazon.de for around £80. The real price is in having them fitted ££££

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PAV: I haven't heard many good reviews about the Eibach springs? And for my preference, they would not lower it enough either. (IMO) According to some, the H&R have better comfort than the Eibach along with dropping it more. But I may look into them more if you say the comfort was not too bad. I know Eibach do a 25/30 drop too. Thank you.

Marsch: Thank you. I did think so but wanted to check! I find the normal ride firm enough, and i came from a slammed mk2 on very cheap ebay springs. So I cannot imagine the H&R Springs would change it too much/ your ride being much different to my own rn. What drop did you get/do you have on yours?

I prefer Eibach springs and I have had both Eibach and H&R on my 197. I had H&R fitted to admittedly very tired full fat shocks and bought a set of 200 Cup shocks (stiffest you can get from memory) and Eibach springs. The whole setup feels stiffer, id estimate although the Eibachs are slightly softer the Cup shocks ramped up the stiffness.

Hello people,
I have attached a screenshot of H&R springs, could anyone confirm if these are the correct ones? Only because this price is much better than anywhere else I have found.

TIA.

View attachment 124527
Hi, I mount those in my cup chassis f1 team clio and they smashed my suspension. IT is ride hard and you can feel some rebound on the back. Now I am looking to change the suspension for bilstein b14 pss but i also have my doubts about it

Hi, I mount those in my cup chassis f1 team clio and they smashed my suspension. IT is ride hard and you can feel some rebound on the back. Now I am looking to change the suspension for bilstein b14 pss but i also have my doubts about it

B14’s are much much better in every way compared to H&R springs with cup dampers. I ran that setup for a while and have changed to B14’s now, it handles better and is more comfortable.

Reactions: lewishunter98
H and rs on a cup here
Sparco grid 2 bucket seats

It’s stiff but you get used to it.

Building as a weekend track car. Not sure I could live with as daily but I’m old and also own a e92 m3 which I adore lol

Reactions: Sean197